• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing on the Cheap - 2006-07

Greg

Staff member
Well, it's time for the annual "Skiing on the Cheap" thread. Post links to ski deals you've found for the 2006-07 ski season.

AdironRider

That really is a damn good deal, to bad the only mtns so Im told that are worth going to are Vail and A basin.

FRITOLAYGUY

Beaver Creek is an interesting place, you cant even drive to the mtn you have to take a bus to get into there, very posh. Picture stratton except more than twice the vertical at 4040 , real black diamonds, escalators to bring you to the lifts, fresh flowers in the bathrooms, and oh ya the Ritz Carlton at the base if you can afford it,NOT, i think its 550 a night during the season.

highpeaksdrifter

AdironRider said:
That really is a damn good deal, to bad the only mtns so Im told that are worth going to are Vail and A basin.

It's all realitive A-Ride, Breck is just so-so in Summit County, but compared to what we consider so-so in the East, it's a great place. The thing with Breck is the alleged crowds on the weekends are tuff to take. Hit it mid-week and skiing with someone who knows his way around it's a pretty good place.

Keystone isn't one of my favorites either, but their glades (The Outback) are alot of fun and they have $5 cat skiing.

That pass is a great deal, plus 10X @ Vail, unreal value.

Last edited:

kickstand

FRITOLAYGUY said:
Beaver Creek is an interesting place, you cant even drive to the mtn you have to take a bus to get into there, very posh. Picture stratton except more than twice the vertical at 4040 , real black diamonds, escalators to bring you to the lifts, fresh flowers in the bathrooms, and oh ya the Ritz Carlton at the base if you can afford it,NOT, i think its 550 a night during the season.

The nice thing about BC is it draws a very intermediate crowd, so it leaves tons of stashes for the rest of us. The Birds of Prey area has some pretty steep stuff, and Grouse Mountain is probably the most underrated part of the resort.

After our dinners, we would hang out in the lodge at the Hyatt so we could at least pretend to live like those folks.

Jonni

I've been looking at the Sunapee, Cannon, Gunstock college breakout pass at $199 but it may not be worth it for me as I already get a free pass to Sunapee. Though $199 for two or three places does sound pretty good.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Jonni said:
I've been looking at the Sunapee, Cannon, Gunstock college breakout pass at $199 but it may not be worth it for me as I already get a free pass to Sunapee. Though $199 for two or three places does sound pretty good.

Since you are LSC, $199 to ski Cannon is a good deal.

But then again $199 at Burke is a better deal....when you factor in that it is 10 miles from LSC vs. 45 miles.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
too bad jay and burke do not do reciprical on their college passes. i think the jay college pass gets free night skiing at bolton though. $199 for cannon with the gunstock option isn't shaby but burke isn't that much more expensive and is half an hour closer to the college, you'd save the distance in gas easily after a few trips. tough choices as always!

Bkroon9175

I am still an advocate for SKI NH passes. Flexible, cheaper than full price, can be exchanged for lesson, rental and pass etc.

These are always part of our winter plans.

FRITOLAYGUY

I still think the Catamount pass at 249 that includes night skiing is a great deal, 199 if you got in early.. Too bad they dont team up with nearby butternut.

FRITOLAYGUY

I took a hike up there yesterday, things seem to be coming along well with the new Quad they are installing.. Thx for that link Greg i didnt see that before.

Last edited:

Grassi21

FRITOLAYGUY said:
I still think the Catamount pass at 249 that includes night skiing is a great deal, 199 if you got in early.. Too bad they dont team up with nearby butternut.

I purchased my pass for Catamount today. The website says they offer discounts at other mountains. Does anyone know which mountains they have a relationship with?

I also grabbed one of those savings cards from Ski Sundown. I'll take 50% off the Wednesday night AZ gatherings. :snow:

catskills

FRITOLAYGUY said:
I took a hike up there yesterday, things seem to be coming along well with the new Quad they are installing.. Thx for that link Greg i didnt see that before.
Thanks for the Catamount photos of the Belleayre SuperChief lift being installed at Catamount. I was beginning to think Catamount would not get around to installing it this year.

Belleayre Season Pass
Like previous years, Belleyre has the youth (ages 6-17) season pass for $170. This is a great deal for kids. They also have a free bus ride from Kingston to Belleayre. Not a bad deal for a ski areas with a high speed quad

New this Season at Belleayre is the "The Transferable Season Pass" This is one of the best deals in the history of Belleayre. Purchase a Transferable Pass for only $1200.00 and you or anyone else you would like may use this pass once a day, everyday, all season long. Get together with 8 friends and split up the dates which comes 1200/8 = $150 per person. Also great for multiple couples that take turns in the lodge with their new born baby ot toddler.

Greg

Staff member
FRITOLAYGUY said:
Thanks for the pics. That quad will make for a huge improvement at Catamount! That little hill seems to be doing all the right things...

FRITOLAYGUY

Bretton Woods is a bit out of my striking range but they seem to have a pretty sweet deal if you buy their adult 499 pass.. One night at that very nice looking hotel at the bottom of the hill, 3 days at cannon, 2 comp tickets for a friend , and unlimited skiing and night skiing, very nice.

2006/07 ALPINE SEASON PASSES

The BodeONE pass!
An alpine and Nordic pass valid any day of the 2006/07 season.
PLUS:

LIMITED TIME OFFER - Purchase your Adult or Senior pass before September 15, 2006 and receive a one-night stay at The Mount Washington Hotel (midweek, non-holiday).
Night skiing or riding on any Friday, Saturday or holiday periods when night skiing is offered.
Three days of skiing or riding during the 2005/06 season at nearby Cannon Mountain.
A 20% discount on apparel & accessories and a 10% discount on ski & snowboard equipment at TreeTop Sports
NEW - Bring A Friend! Receive two complimentary Bretton Woods lift tickets valid any day during the 2006/07 season!