• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

12/9 Storm Discussion Thread

psyflyer

Burke mountain got about a foot, although the wind made it look like more by piling it deep in some places. The wind made some drifts knee deep as we hiked up the lower mountain and the snow was very powdery and light. It stopped at about 330pm and it never changed over to freezing rain. We saw one other person hiking up but did not see any tracks before us so it appears nobody hiked up before us. All in all a nice strong storm and look forward to opening day this coming week-end at Burke.

MR. evil

I couldn't believe I was seeing lightening on my way home.... :blink:

I was just outside clearing the driveway and it was like day time out there. The lighting was pretty crazy for a bit.

AMAC2233

A lot of it here has melted already after 8 hours of rain. I hope it's staying cold up north.

Puck it

Still snowing up north.

radpowder

jerseyrob

Hiking Saddleback in the morning! Wish me luck!!! Pics to follow..............

JD

Website
hotmail.com
Snowing pretty hard in Northfield again right now....no rain today....about 8 inches down at this point....Must keep skiing....

Masskier

Burke mountain got about a foot, although the wind made it look like more by piling it deep in some places. The wind made some drifts knee deep as we hiked up the lower mountain and the snow was very powdery and light. It stopped at about 330pm and it never changed over to freezing rain. We saw one other person hiking up but did not see any tracks before us so it appears nobody hiked up before us. All in all a nice strong storm and look forward to opening day this coming week-end at Burke.

Thanks for the update Sounds sweet

bigbog

Yep, ol' Motha Nature pulling her old crap again..been lightly raining since ~9ish, but is cooling off again. Been looking at temps over in Kingfield area...as expected..no rise in temps like we often get here in Bangor.. I'm happy...

Glenn

Mount Snow is reporting a foot of fresh. I'm in Putney this year, about an hour's drive roughly west of the resort. We got close to 10" today with none of the rain I was worried about so I've no reason to doubt Mt. Snow's report. I'm done teaching tommorrow at 11:50 so I'll probably drive over and get in my first day since last January when I broke my collarbone. If they're able to spin some lifts it should be good!:snow:

Good to see you again Euler! Looks like you're just up the road from us in Dummerston. Hopefully, you'll be able to get out and make some turns today...should be sweet.