• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

12/9 Storm Discussion Thread

Ski Diva

Website
www.skidiva.com
Just got in from skiing Okemo. We probably have about 10-12 inches here, and EXTREMELY high winds. Nearly white out conditions at the top.

The bad roads kept most everyone home, so boo hoo, we had it almost all to ourselves. There's still only limited terrain open, but I think this will go a long way in helping them drop the ropes.

Greg

Staff member
The Intellicast radar never ceases to amaze me with its accuracy:

hfd_None_anim.gif

I'm right at the northern edge of the mix line and it seems to be right on. Hopefully NNE gets dry-slotted before any damaging rain moves in. For now - the snow and sleet is fantastic base building material.

Not liking that stuff in Western NY/PA... :angry:

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Not liking that stuff in Western NY/PA... :angry:
When's it coming through? After dark? Maybe there's hope it will change over.

Then again, that means I'll be driving in it tonight. The Blazer admittedly needs better tires for this stuff, but I'll take one for the team if I must.

Zand

Dry slot killed us up here... only ended up with 5-6". Still cold out and lots of blowing snow now. Snow showers will continue through the weekend.

Greg

Staff member
Tom is going to lose his fancy shmancy 15" ruler if this keeps up.

14534_208199694400_34949209400_3030168_8077556_n.jpg

bigbog

Thought about today over at the Loaf, but the heaviest has been coming down after 12noon...thus it wouldn't be totaling up until it was time to get off the mtn...so will head over there early tomorrow for a long day #1 skiing session of whatever powder is left..and pp for sure. A return trip today after 4pm would pretty much be an exercise in constantly slowing/stopping with what traffic there is...on their way home with plows trying to do their thing at the same time...ie possibly a real mess. Will not forget the camera to have a few un-doctored views of the mtn.

speden

Heck, I'd be happy if Ragged updated their website once a day :lol:

The Ragged website seems to be devoid of much useful information. No real snow report or webcam that I can see.

Pat's Peak is reporting they got 10" of new snow and it looks like maybe it's possible from their webcams. Maybe Ragged got a similar amount.

The Gunstock snow report doesn't look like it was updated for today, but it says they got 6" yesterday, which I guess means two days ago.

Euler

Mount Snow is reporting a foot of fresh. I'm in Putney this year, about an hour's drive roughly west of the resort. We got close to 10" today with none of the rain I was worried about so I've no reason to doubt Mt. Snow's report. I'm done teaching tommorrow at 11:50 so I'll probably drive over and get in my first day since last January when I broke my collarbone. If they're able to spin some lifts it should be good!:snow:

drjeff

Mount Snow is reporting a foot of fresh. I'm in Putney this year, about an hour's drive roughly west of the resort. We got close to 10" today with none of the rain I was worried about so I've no reason to doubt Mt. Snow's report. I'm done teaching tommorrow at 11:50 so I'll probably drive over and get in my first day since last January when I broke my collarbone. If they're able to spin some lifts it should be good!:snow:

Just don't do a pre-season poach of the 1/2 pipe there Euler! ;) :lol: GREAT to hear that you're getting back out on the hill!

Greg

Staff member
Thunderstorm rolling through... WTF?