• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

2006-2007 outings

Vortex

Last year I worked on Cannon, Sunday River, and Sugaloaf. Dave had a couple outings in west region of AZ as well. Many were done without Az promoting them.

Any ideas or suggestions this year? Please post them. Careful... We'll ask for your help.:idea:

I will be promoting another Sunday River day as well as a Loon day. Something will be in the works at Pats as well. The Loaf, Reggae is without a doubt on the agenda. Yes Charlie lets book early. You rock.

More details will come when we get closer to the season. Probably an opening day event. All depends on who opens where and when.

Many ASC and Threedom pass holders here, thats why they are on the agenda.
Plus it does not cost me extra for these.(honesty here)
You don't have to do it with Dave or myself though. Feel free to work out your own gatherings. Please continue to post if you want to meet some like minded folk on the hill.

Also fair to say..... I have left moderator title behind me. Moderating just was not for me.
Still helping out with trips and events. :snow:

roark

I always enjoy going with a mountain local:

I'd love to get the Burke tour with TB and FromTheNEK.

AZ meets KZone @ K would be cool.

Cannon with Riv - no injuries this year, y'hear!

SR with Bob R and Ga2ski.

Wilcat - hey Austin!

Will have to make it to the 'loaf this year.

I'll probably be @ Sneaux quite a bit since it's the easiest for me to get to. Will have to hit it with tree_skier sometime this season. Anyone headed there can feel free to drop me a line.

roark

Priorities Bob, all about priorities. ;)

Honestly those are some of the trips I'd like to take. I'll be happy if only some of them happen.

Vortex

I usually do something with the K zone folks late in the season or early. Kind of just join them. Many cross posters similar to SR so just I try to merge the groups.

roark

Bob R said:
I usually do something with the K zone folks late in the season or early. Kind of just join them. Many cross posters similar to SR so just I try to merge the groups.

Yup. I met up with AndyZee & Vee, Killington_lover, mtn_man, phantom, sprite, and a few others once. Great time. Haven't skied with Dork yet. I plan on getting up to K more this year, esp. if TB will be there.

Add the "west" outing (I hope I can afford to go!) and a night at WaWa to the list.

Vortex

Killington_lover is a SR guy also I think. I left before sprite showed up last spring the only day I went. She has posted here before. Good group.

thetrailboss

Staff member
I will be at K-Mart and Pico pretty often I guess.....and maybe some Snow action. Also will be at Burke during crazy times. PM me for dates and show times. :wink:

roark

I would also be into a Tucks outing.

Can you tell I'm jonesing today?

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
burke seemed popular in the thread about mountains members wanted to try. we had a fairly small turn out at the last burke gathering two years ago, i think another shot at burke would be a good idea. i'll put my rare vote in for the weekend but will go whenever is best for everyone else. i suggest february or march for burke to best allow the trees to fill in.

i think a TUX gathering would be fun. even folks not interested in skiing tux could enjoy the hike up, experience, and hanging out on lunch rocks. it is a really happening place for both skiers and non-skiers on the weekends in april.

dare i suggest saddleback as well? that might be a bit of a stretch for many members though.

thetrailboss

Staff member
riverc0il said:
burke seemed popular in the thread about mountains members wanted to try. we had a fairly small turn out at the last burke gathering two years ago, i think another shot at burke would be a good idea. i'll put my rare vote in for the weekend but will go whenever is best for everyone else. i suggest february or march for burke to best allow the trees to fill in.

i think a TUX gathering would be fun. even folks not interested in skiing tux could enjoy the hike up, experience, and hanging out on lunch rocks. it is a really happening place for both skiers and non-skiers on the weekends in april.

dare i suggest saddleback as well? that might be a bit of a stretch for many members though.

I made many referrals last season and despite my many invitations, nobody took me up on my offer. Guess I smell.... :(

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
thetrailboss said:
I made many referrals last season and despite my many invitations, nobody took me up on my offer. Guess I smell.... :(

Hey smelly :) , if you're talking bout Burke, I'd be happy to go. In the past the timing was just wrong.

madskier6

riverc0il said:
burke seemed popular in the thread about mountains members wanted to try.

Count me in as a definite for a Burke AZ outing. Things didn't work-out for me schedule-wise to hit Burke last year, unfortunately, but I defintiely want to do it and get the cook's tour from you, Riv, Trailboss and any other AZ locals who join in.

riverc0il said:

I also am very interested in Saddleback. All the great reviews of it that I've read here intrigue me. Also, my wife skied there a lot when she was younger and she also raves about it. She may not hit the hardcore glades but she has always told me what a great mountain it is. My in-laws live in Maine so my wife and I could combine an AZ outing with a visit to my wife's parents' house.

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
I'd love to get up to Sugarloaf, it's just kind of tough for me since it's a 7 hour ride. That would all depend on timing, same holds true for tux.