• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

2006-2007 outings

Vortex

There will be a AZ loaf event at Reggae. I know Charlie and I will be there. That needs to be at least a 3 day weekend. I made it a 4 day one last year hitting the River on my way home.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Bob R said:
There will be a AZ loaf event at Reggae. I know Charlie and I will be there. That needs to be at least a 3 day weekend. I made it a 4 day one last year hitting the River on my way home.

I'VE GOT TO get to the 'loaf this season. Snow is on the list...

Bob, you and I got to ski together now that we have the same pass....no excuses even if I :argue: (talk) too much! I owe you some brews....

:wink:

bvibert

Staff member
riverc0il said:
burke seemed popular in the thread about mountains members wanted to try. we had a fairly small turn out at the last burke gathering two years ago, i think another shot at burke would be a good idea. i'll put my rare vote in for the weekend but will go whenever is best for everyone else. i suggest february or march for burke to best allow the trees to fill in.
I'd love to try and make it up to Burke this year, hopefully the timing works out for me. I think Greg said he was going to try and make it up there for a gathering, so maybe I can hitch a ride from him since I drive crap-boxes that barely get me 20 miles to work and back. ;)

riverc0il said:
i think a TUX gathering would be fun. even folks not interested in skiing tux could enjoy the hike up, experience, and hanging out on lunch rocks. it is a really happening place for both skiers and non-skiers on the weekends in april.
Tux I'd definitely be interested in too. It's has been on my radar for a couple of years now. :snow:

I'd also love to get up to Cannon again this year. Preferably during peak season, since the only time I made it up there was the day before they closed for the season two years ago.

Vortex

I'll be there. Where ever there is. Relax Tb. When you are a high priced lawyer.... I'll let you pay for all the beers. I still like the White mtns and Maine Better. Same pass.... different States though. I love VT. I skied there for 20+ years. Just enjoying other places these days.

thetrailboss

Staff member
I see a Burke outing on the horizon...

Me, Greg, Bvibert, Riv, from_the_NEK, the_original_trailboss. Who am I forgetting????

roark

thetrailboss said:

Me, Greg, Bvibert, Riv, from_the_NEK, the_original_trailboss. Who am I forgetting????
I'm in.:spread:

roark

Bob R said:
This one's on my radar this season as well.

bvibert

Staff member
thetrailboss said:

Ummm, madskier6 for one. ;)
madskier6 said:
Count me in as a definite for a Burke AZ outing.

madskier6

bvibert said:
Ummm, madskier6 for one. ;)

Thanks, bvibert, for remembering me. I know it's hard to keep everyone straight who chimes in on these boards from time to time.

I'll definitely be there.

Greg

Staff member
Hunter has been a good option for gatherings, as is Jiminy. The weekly Sundown Wednesday night meet-up looks to be taking shape. Would love to do an opening day at Killington this year; last year's pseudo-opening and then actual opening weren't in the cards for me. I had set aside their proposed opening, but they missed it due to the crappy weather. Berkshire East should also be a consideration if we get good snow. Beast is a great option for those in Eastern Mass and CT. I know of a few Catamount pass holders here; maybe we can hit up there too.

ChileMass

It seems like Burke has broken out into its own thread. How about Loon, Sunday River, Cannon, Killington?

I could go for either a Sunday River or Wildcat outing. Never been to Wildcat (!!) and only once to SR since I was a kid. Anyone else? Buehler - ?

Grassi21

I'm guessing that AZ outings are on weekdays. With the new position I'm starting in a month or so I will have a ton of flexibility in my schedule. I've also reserved a number of vacation days for midweek day trips. My company revised our vacation policy and I now get an extra 8 vacation/sick days compared to last year. It pays to have been with a company for 7+ years.

I'm most interested in gatherings in Mass, Southern VT, and Hunter. Jiminy and Beast would be great. I'm a pass holder at Catamount so just name the day and I'm there.

ALLSKIING

Staff member
I'm guessing that AZ outings are on weekdays. With the new position I'm starting in a month or so I will have a ton of flexibility in my schedule. I've also reserved a number of vacation days for midweek day trips. My company revised our vacation policy and I now get an extra 8 vacation/sick days compared to last year. It pays to have been with a company for 7+ years.

I'm most interested in gatherings in Mass, Southern VT, and Hunter. Jiminy and Beast would be great. I'm a pass holder at Catamount so just name the day and I'm there.
Greg and I hit Catamount on a Fri last Dec. I sure well do it again.

madskier6

I'm guessing that AZ outings are on weekdays.

Not necessarily. One of the biggest AZ outings last season was on a weekend at Cannon. Although I wasn't there, I understand it was well attended and a good time was had by all.

I think some poeple prefer weekdays but not always. I personally am more likely to make a weekend outing. On occasion I can make a weekday outing but prefer weekends.

Greg

Staff member
Not necessarily. One of the biggest AZ outings last season was on a weekend at Cannon. Although I wasn't there, I understand it was well attended and a good time was had by all.

I think some poeple prefer weekdays but not always. I personally am more likely to make a weekend outing. On occasion I can make a weekday outing but prefer weekends.
Correct. Most of the "official" gatherings have happened on the weekends. Many like Saturdays, but Saturdays are not normally good for me (other family stuff). Weekdays or Sunday skier here.