• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

A night in the life of a Mt. Ellen groomer...

win

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Two years ago someone once asked me in all seriousness if we ever groomed Rumble. That would be the most challenging of all for BMM, and he would likely have a PB 300 in Rumble woods for the rest of the century.:flame:

BushMogulMaster

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Two years ago someone once asked me in all seriousness if we ever groomed Rumble. That would be the most challenging of all for BMM, and he would likely have a PB 300 in Rumble woods for the rest of the century.:flame:

Ooooooo... is that a challenge??? Do I have your permission to try?????? :wink:

Actually, at an average width of 15', with some sections substantially narrower, you couldn't even take an alpine-width cat down Rumble! But the steep section of Rumble is very short. The rest would be easy, with an extra 5' of width on the trail!

Maybe with the old 280 and a 12' roller!!!!! What do you say, Win?

bvibert

Staff member
Ooooooo... is that a challenge??? Do I have your permission to try?????? :wink:

Actually, at an average width of 15', with some sections substantially narrower, you couldn't even take an alpine-width cat down Rumble! But the steep section of Rumble is very short. The rest would be easy, with an extra 5' of width on the trail!

Maybe with the old 280 and a 12' roller!!!!! What do you say, Win?

Make sure you have someone taking pictures/video!

BushMogulMaster

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Exactly! You'd want quite a few camera's mounted to that cat, including one pointed directly at BMM's face for that one! ;) :lol:

Wanna ride along??? :lol: -- You'd piss yourself :lol:

Still waiting for the go-ahead from Win! :wink:

Warp Daddy

Exactly! You'd want quite a few camera's mounted to that cat, including one pointed directly at BMM's face for that one! ;) :lol:

DO IT----- DO IT --------DO it

BMM we're counting on ya Get Win in that beast too then lets see that Dirt squirrel twitch with excitement over the throw down challenge :D :D

BushMogulMaster

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
DO IT----- DO IT --------DO it

BMM we're counting on ya Get Win in that beast too then lets see that Dirt squirrel twitch with excitement over the throw down challenge :D :D

Here's the deal: if I do it, Win has to do it too! :D

I'll only do it if I can freegroom it with rolling stock. No winch. No tiller. Just me, a cat, and a roller. And Win can come along for the ride!

Yeah. That'll be the day!

BushMogulMaster

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
you're from leadvegas???

Wait, so I'm not the only one who calls it Leadvegas? I mean... the Leadvegas Strip has everything: Safeway, Liquor Store, and the bowling alley. Yeah.

Actually, I'm going to school at Colorado Mountain College in Leadville. Graduate in May.

drjeff

Wanna ride along??? :lol: -- You'd piss yourself :lol:

Still waiting for the go-ahead from Win! :wink:

I'll grab one of my kids huggies pull ups and hop in the passengers seat in a second BMM! Just would want to double check the harness for the seat 1st! ;) :lol:

BushMogulMaster

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
I'll grab one of my kids huggies pull ups and hop in the passengers seat in a second BMM! Just would want to double check the harness for the seat 1st! ;) :lol:

Hahahaha... harness! No, no. Not in the cat I would use for Rumble. No harness in that one! Just a lap belt! Hold on tight! And make sure that pair of pull ups is well secured!

drjeff

Hey BMM, the Demo PB 400W is still at Mount Snow, and parked right near where I drop my kids off for their programs. I took a few close ups of PB's new tiller that I'll post later this evening once peace and quiet is achieved at my place in the form of 2 sleeping kids ;) :)

drjeff

New new PB tiller
4-10-09_013.jpg

A closer view
4-10-09_012.jpg

A demo 400. Possibly the same one that BMM got to use up at Sugarbush??
4-10-09_009.jpg

The Bison X getting loaded on the trailer for the ride back to Prinoth
4-10-09_003.jpg

The PB Scout, or as my daughter called, the "cute baby pisten bully" :rolleyes:
4-10-09_016.jpg

BushMogulMaster

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Thanks for the pix. That Z-Flex definitely resembles the Prinoth tiller in some ways.

The PB400 in the other pick may be the same cat that I demoed, but not the same tiller. That's the other new tiller. The AlpineFlex with the hydraulic wings and the new cutter bars.

vertmont

Seat belt harness.

Only time i used mine was winching Lower Ovation at the K. Seat belts in cats overrated.

drjeff

DEFINATELY the standard BR350. If it was the 500, I would have taken a ton of pics of that monster!

BMM, I've got to eat my words on this one above. After talking with one of the mountain ops guys at Mount Snow today, turns out that the black prinoth IS the 500! Kind of suprised me after hearing this, since after reading all the hype about how huge the 500 is, I would have kind of expected it to be bigger than it appears, heck parked directly infront of the PB400W, the track with on the 500 isn't dramatically different than the PB400W.

I'll try and grab a few pics of them next to each other later today.

BushMogulMaster

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
BMM, I've got to eat my words on this one above. After talking with one of the mountain ops guys at Mount Snow today, turns out that the black prinoth IS the 500! Kind of suprised me after hearing this, since after reading all the hype about how huge the 500 is, I would have kind of expected it to be bigger than it appears, heck parked directly infront of the PB400W, the track with on the 500 isn't dramatically different than the PB400W.

I'll try and grab a few pics of them next to each other later today.

Well, it might not look that wide, but it is wide enough that it doesn't fit in most ski area shops. :D