• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Action Park Wikipedia Entry

BeanoNYC

Just came across this perfectly written wikipedia entry for Accident Park. It's a great read, especially for those who have been there. I think back at those days and still can't believe that this place existed.

Greg

Staff member
Wow. That's a blast from the past. I remember my parents taking me there when I was like 10. I think I remember having a good time...

Grassi21

I begged and begged but my parents never took us. I guess it worked out for the best.

Glenn

On August 1, 1993, MTV's Headbanger's Ball taped an episode at the park. The host, Riki Rachtman, interviewed and went on the rides with the band Alice In Chains.

I wonder if that's on youtube?

bvibert

Staff member
That place was cool! I went there a few times as a kid and had a lot of fun. I was bummed when I looked into going back after high school and they were closed...

I always wanted to go there but my parents wouldn't take me because of their dangerous reputation..so we would go to Dorney, Hershey, Busch Gardens and Six Flags..that looping slide looks so dangerous..broken limb city...wowser..

Here is the commercial for stoke!!!!

ERJ-145CA

That place was cool! I went there a few times as a kid and had a lot of fun. I was bummed when I looked into going back after high school and they were closed...

They're not really closed, it's just called the Mountain Creek Water Park but I think they got rid of the most dangerous attractions.

bvibert

Staff member
They're not really closed, it's just called the Mountain Creek Water Park but I think they got rid of the most dangerous attractions.

I think when I looked they were closed all together (in between Action park and Mountain Creek), but I could be wrong. Besides the dangerous attractions were probably the ones I liked. :lol:

It's a long way for me to go just for a few generic water slides. I've got those near-by.

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
Count me on the list of people begging to go there, who's parents wouldn't let me.

But we skied there all the time when it was VV/GG.