• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Anchor Porter

SKIQUATTRO

call them and see where they deliver to....i did that when looking for Long Trail Ale here on Long Island

SkiDog

I can get it here in jersey at almost any liquor store....so its definitely sold on the east coast...sorry you can't find it...its pretty good...I like all Anchor products though...if you can find it....OLD FOGHORN BARLEY WINE from Anchor is GREAT!!!!!

M

roark

you know I dont know how good they'd be but I have 3 I think from about 4-5 years ago....

M
So long as they haven't been stored too warm they should be great. I've started keeping a sixer of Bigfoot the last couple years. Some harsh flavors mellow and as a whole the beer becomes a more cohesive unit.

Don't keep any low alcohol or brews that depend on the hop aroma too long though.

SkiDog

So long as they haven't been stored too warm they should be great. I've started keeping a sixer of Bigfoot the last couple years. Some harsh flavors mellow and as a whole the beer becomes a more cohesive unit.

Don't keep any low alcohol or brews that depend on the hop aroma too long though.

Yeah I figured as much thats why I kept them...

You know...I like a lot of sierra products....but man...i wish they would lay off the cascade hops just a little...I truly think they overhop that brew...especially the BIGFOOT...

M

roark

Yeah I figured as much thats why I kept them...

You know...I like a lot of sierra products....but man...i wish they would lay off the cascade hops just a little...I truly think they overhop that brew...especially the BIGFOOT...

M
Yeah, it's almost more an Imperial IPA than a barleywine. The local shaw's stocked it at the same price as all other Sierra products the last couple years... I couldn't resist stocking up. :cool:

SkiDog

Yeah, it's almost more an Imperial IPA than a barleywine. The local shaw's stocked it at the same price as all other Sierra products the last couple years... I couldn't resist stocking up. :cool:

Silly pricers....good find...I wouldve stocked up too.....they are soo nice after a long hard day skiing.....

Sad that Sierra overhops.....I still like the pale ale, but not much as I used to...

I do however like their yeast strain..I have used it from the bottoms of bottles in my own brews....just save a few bottle bottoms with the cloudy stuff and start a mini brew started culture in a beaker...once it gets moving...make a brew and pitch that yeast...

I can actually come VERY close to a true sierra nevada pale ale.

M

roark

Silly pricers....good find...I wouldve stocked up too.....they are soo nice after a long hard day skiing.....

Sad that Sierra overhops.....I still like the pale ale, but not much as I used to...

I do however like their yeast strain..I have used it from the bottoms of bottles in my own brews....just save a few bottle bottoms with the cloudy stuff and start a mini brew started culture in a beaker...once it gets moving...make a brew and pitch that yeast...

I can actually come VERY close to a true sierra nevada pale ale.

M

I've become more of a hophead so I don't mind too much...

Never pitched my own from a bottle, but most of my homebrews used the "California Ale" Wyeast. Clean and durable, floccuates well. Just tried the White labs version and don't like it nearly as much. Never tried to brew a sierra clone but I'd guess a pretty healthy dose of crystal/caramel malt and finish with a bunch of cascade?

RISkier

Anchor is available at a few outlets in RI so I'd expect you could find it further North. Really first rate beers. I'm especially fond of the Liberty Ale.

SkiDog

I've become more of a hophead so I don't mind too much...

Never pitched my own from a bottle, but most of my homebrews used the "California Ale" Wyeast. Clean and durable, floccuates well. Just tried the White labs version and don't like it nearly as much. Never tried to brew a sierra clone but I'd guess a pretty healthy dose of crystal/caramel malt and finish with a bunch of cascade?

thats about right on.......for the sierra...you're pretty good... ;-)

I like the wyeasts much better than the Whites....the whites work in a pinch and seem to last longer if I miss my brew timing....I just hate when I snap a wyeast and then something comes up and I can't use it....nothing makes me more mad...

M