• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

And the most expensive lift ticket for 2012-2013 goes to........

skiNEwhere

...........................................(Drumroll).................................

(U.S Only)

drjeff

I'm guessing Vail

50th anniversary season and their new 10 passeneger wi-fi equipped heated gondola that i'm guessing had easily an 8 figure price tag :eek:

skiNEwhere

You are correct. They are actually charging more during the Christmas Break $109. Ridiculous, especially seeing as it's impossible to ski even half the mountain in one day

drjeff

You are correct. They are actually charging more during the Christmas Break $109. Ridiculous, especially seeing as it's impossible to ski even half the mountain in one day

That being said, there are plenty of ways to avoid paying anywhere near that walk up rate. I know that my family is going out there the week after Presidents week, and we picked up the 7 day Epic Pass at early season pricing that get us access to Vail, Beavercreek, Breckenridge and Keystone (all on our agenda) and even A-basin if we wanted too. About $75 a day for adults and under $40 a day for the kids

skiNEwhere

The Epic pass is the best way to go if you are skiing just 4 days or more in Colorado.

Polarizor

Ahem. If we go about this the right way, and take expensive at it's Merriam-Webster definitive value, Deer Valley at $106 is far more than Vail at $109.

skiNEwhere

And if we go about this by every elses definition of expensive, you're wrong

Puck it

I think I paid more then that last year. $115 in March and paid for parking. There was a crap load of Bogner walking around!!!

Puck it

Just check my credit card statement from last year. I was wrong. it was $116 per ticket and $35 for parking( I think that was the garage).

wtcobb

I had a 3-day Epic Pass last year for $97/day. If I remember correctly we had to pay for the lot at Vail (not just the garage), but it was about $15/day.

skiNEwhere

Vail is a good resort, but I don't think it's all it's cracked out to be. I'd take A-basin or Copper over it any day

AdironRider

You didnt, unless your counting parking in that 115 figure.

Jackson is 105 a day this year I believe. Not that many deals out there for my hill, but Id argue its worth it without having to deal with everything Vail.

Also there is free parking in Vail but not a lot, so good luck getting the info you need on that one.

Puck it

You didnt, unless your counting parking in that 115 figure.

Jackson is 105 a day this year I believe. Not that many deals out there for my hill, but Id argue its worth it without having to deal with everything Vail.

Also there is free parking in Vail but not a lot, so good luck getting the info you need on that one.

I checked the cc statement and the statment was $232 from the Vail Ticket Kiosk. I know for sure the ticket charge was separate.

drjeff

I'm torn on the pay to park thing. In one instance, when I go to say a Patriots game ($40 to park in the lot I usually park in) or a Red Sox game (between $30 and $50 if I drive in depending on where I can find a lot), Six Flags New England - would of been $10 each time had I not gotten the season parking option with my season pass there, recently Disney/Universal Orlando and Legoland Florida (all about $20 to park), let alone most hotels in a city where you pay to park, the basic concept of it doesn't phase me too much anymore.

Then again, I'm paying a bit for the "privilege" to pay them even more to then use the facility I'm at that day! WTF?? :smash:

The businessman side of me gets it. The acreage that the parking lot sits on is costing someone $$. More than likely there both a captive "audience" and demand for that acreage (that demand could be from a guest wanting to park there close to the venue or it could be from a developer looking to building some housing or retail units on that acreage or even from the owners of the venue who might want to expand onto that acreage). The consumer side of me, while getting more and more conditioned to it, still has some issues with the pay to park before you pay to play concept!

drjeff

I checked the cc statement and the statment was $232 from the Vail Ticket Kiosk. I know for sure the ticket charge was separate.

You sure that the receipt wasn't say $100 in lift tickets AND $132 in bar bills ;) :) :beer: