• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Andy Zee: Tribute Thread

JimG.

Staff member
I'm not very good at eulogizing...

I got to ski with Andy and Vee several times and always had fun with them. Andy had his opinions like we all do. We disagreed about lots of things. But I always remembered the fun we had on the slopes.

Life here will be less interesting now that he is gone. RIP Andy.

ScottySkis

Wow just saddened the whole thing like others said Cancer and and these fatal disease suck beyond belief and saddened ,I never to go on the slopes with him but I sure sorry for his friends and family ski on Andy ski on.

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
I met Andy twice, but only skied with him once. It was a nice warm March day at Plattekill. Conditions were beautiful and the place was empty. Safety meetings on the lift and beers in the sun. That was a really fun day skiing. RIP.

krisskis

Heard the awful news last night about Andy. Met him through My ex-brother in law, KingSlug and skied with him a few times at Hunter and Killington. I was telling my kids about his passing last night when my sone reminded me about the day at Killington when my son, my daughter and i skied with him and Vee a couple years ago. It was the last run on the SRT and Andy said he would take my son down a different way and "the girls" would meet them at the bottom. My son, being the teenager he was went with him thinking he would try to keep up with him. Needless to say, Andy was the one who took a fall landing in the woods and my son had a chuckle while we waited at the bottom worried that it was my son who had fallen and couldnt get up :) It was the last time we skied together :-( Andy was always one to call me out on my Facebook page when i was bitchin' or complainin" about anyone or everything and always made me smile. And definately will not forget the always present flask he had for the lift back up to the top :)

We will miss you, big guy.

krisskis

As i said in above post, he was always busting on me....one of his last posts to me...
[h=5]Kristine Omundsen DeLorenzo[/h]June 29 near Westbury via mobile

Ok, I understand that it's hot outside and we need to have the AC on, but 59 degrees???? Seriously??? Who's in charge of engineering in this joint???

43Like · · Promote · Share

• Penny Forbes, Jennifer Palma Calautti and 2 others like this.

• Andy Zee Funny how when I see one of your posts the first tought in my mind is:OK, let's see what she's bitching about today.
    June 29 at 5:47pm · Unlike · 1

• Kristine Omundsen DeLorenzo Of course Andy Zee
    June 29 at 5:50pm via mobile · Like

• Andy Zee At your service!
    June 29 at 5:51pm · Like

• 1116984_509286540_1333409270_q.jpg

2knees

I met andy a number of times. he was a good guy in person who i always argued with online. I am truly saddened to hear this news. RIP andy. he'll be the king of flame wars in another life.

Moe Ghoul

I never met Andy but was saddened to hear that he passed away recently. vibes to his friends and family. Sounds to me like he fulfilled a few dreams on his journey............

Hawkshot99

Only met him once at a big forum meetup at Hunter many years ago. Was a really nice person in real life. He was always a great read here on the forum, and very opinionated. Will be missed.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I met Andy for the first time two Falls ago. It was around the beginning of November. He snapped this pic of the Ewok Summit at Kton.

View attachment 9261

I think one of the things that I appreciated most about Andy was that he really understood that people can be the biggest dicks in the world online (myself included), but get them together face to face and most folks are good people at heart. He got that spending time on snow is the great equalizer among all of us.

This above picture exemplified all of that. Puck It and I used to feud big time online. I thought there wasn't a chance in hell I'd have a good time skiing with Puck It and Zman proved me wrong. I don't believe I even knew he was skiing with Puck It when I met up with Andy that day. Turned out to be a fun early season day of skiing and as always never complete without sharing beers in the parking lot.

Despite our online differences, I always had a good time the four or five times I got to ski with him. I think that's something that really mattered to Andy; that everyone he spent a day skiing with had a good time. I wouldn't be surprised if Andy skied with more members from Alpinezone and Killingtonzone than anyone else. He wanted to meet and ski with everyone no matter what his online communication might have been with someone. There's a lot to learn from that.

I know I'll miss the big goofs presence online and I'll certainly think of him every time I ski Killington early or late season as that's when I tended to run into him.

RIP big man

Cornhead

Prayers to Andy's family and friends. Cancer is tough, I lost a Sister to it at 38 yrs old. I can't imagine a more grueling way to pass.

I didn't know Andy, but after reading the posts of those who did, as someone who's left home at midnight to arrive at Saddleback at opening, I think we would have hit it off fine.

WakeboardMom

I only met Andy once, but I have always been impressed with his devotion to Vee. I hope he is able to follow his passion wherever he is now, and that he is able to watch over Vee.

SkiFanE

Complete shocker...poor guy.

As much as Andy was a crusty guy...I'm a cantankerous woman :) So I loved his posts, his outlook, his humor...and his 'anti AZ, pro GSS' board was lots of fun.

Oddly, I only met Andy in the summer. Made a mean margarita!

RIP Andy, so sorry you had to get first tracks in the pow in the sky :(

Tyrolean_skier

I met Andy and Violetta years ago and skied with them a few times too. We also enjoyed being at happy hours, BBQs and parties together. He was very enthusiastic about skiing and the great outdoors in general. He loved sharing his pictures with all of us. He will be missed. RIP Andy.

dmc

Still waiting to see some picture of him skiing where his skis are actually pointing down hill.. :)