• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Anyone in ME this week?

sledhaulingmedic

I'll be heading up end of the week. Can't decide between 'Loaf and SR. Anyone up there this week give some beta on the conditions?

Terry

Heard rumors that the Loaf was very icy last weekend, but don't know for sure. Sunday River was not bad on sunday. Skied all day and no crowds. Conditions shoud be getting better as they are recovering from rain. Lots of snowmaking going on. Might be going to the river again this weekend.
:beer:

bigbog

shm, I made it over on Tuesday...
The sun finally made it through the dense cloud cover...shrouding the valley...around ?? 11am, and then started to soften the skied on trails up to PP...however I found mostly dense hardpack and granular, which was for the most part...pretty dry..not boilerplate at all...on Ripsaw and Haulback. There were some ice packs here & there that were protruding up through the hardpack and were clearly obstacles easily seen to be avoided.
Timberline was fine and Spillway(U & L) was terrific.
Didn't get on Sluice, Hayburner or King's Landing....U.Windrow and Glancer clearly had gotten the brunt of the wind...as they were not icy, but were just shy of it..~90% dense crust.
<As of Wed pm>
Kingfield (Fri-Sun)
Bethel (Fri-Sun)

sledhaulingmedic

Thanks for the 411. Given that I'm goin BC Friday, I think I might cut down on the driving and opt for SR (much as I'd rather be at the 'Loaf). The problem is, I have low expectations of SR and I always have such a great time at the 'Loaf, I hate to break my streak.