• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Are you frustrated?

Treeskier

Those who want to ski and those who do!

Like a power storm. Mother nature has her own agenda. Be there if you want to play. It come any time between late September - June. It is often very good up front but can disappear just as quickly.

So I recommend start to preparing those who do not understand the ramification of powder flu / ski bug and it's effect on a skiers being any where but on the slopes when it hits.

Starting my snow dance ~:>)

jerryg

I've skied more than I did this time last year, so I'm happy. Will get soggy with Bobr and others this weekend, but like others have said, October skiing is gravy... or is it the sorbet before the meal. :daffy:

Glenn

It seemed to good to be true. In the back of my mind I though: "We'll probably get another warm spell...it's really early for snow."

It seems like that always happens. We'll get a really cold blast in September some time....then another heat wave.

polski

Website
twitter.com
My expectations were far exceeded with a genuine ski day in mid-Oct, so no problemo. I'd be more frustrated if this were late Nov/early Dec and a lot of places had a base that was getting wiped out. As it stands only SR and Killington are at risk of having to "start over from scratch" but I bet both got their marketing dividends from early snowmaking anyway. (Forgot to mention in my 10/15 SR TR that I saw a Portland TV news crew up there midday.)

I will say I certainly appreciated the shirtsleeve weather when I was 25 miles offshore Wednesday (10/21) bailing hake, cod, haddock etc. I'm not too difficult to please.

ERJ-145CA

Not yet but I will start getting frustrated in a couple of weeks if it doesn't get colder. I'm hoping for snowmaking temps is the Catskills the first couple of weeks of November so I can ski Belleayre on November 16th.

neil

Not frustrated, but disappointed. I really thought we'd see places opening up a week or two early.

MommaBear

Nope - too busy with work and upcoming trip to even think about it. By the time I surface from the chaos, the mountains will be ready. :spread:

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Does not bother me. I'm wracking up the honey-do credits right now. Clearing the deck of all jobs that need doing, going to as many of my kids games as I can, attending social events. Working to get ahead at the office (is that ever possible?)
I can't say I get really worked up over a manmade WROD, I'm not that kind of skier.

The last thing I need is a major project in the middle of prime ski time!

trtaylor

Forecast looking better

610temp102509.gif

610prcp102509.gif