• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Berkshire East and Catamount Closed for Season

skimagic

Yeah, I don't think I've worn a winter coat outside in three weeks now. It's just been a crap year. The Mohawk cam didn't look terrible. They probably could've patched it up and squeezed another weekend but with everyone else closing I kinda get it. Next week looks miserable too.

Mohawk did have a family friendly spring bash planned so I'm guessing they pulled it due to the gov requesting no gatherings over 250 people. It would of been a big draw, but without it, not so much. Place has been a ghost town on nights lately.

KustyTheKlown

jay's decision seems to possibly be motivated by canadian travel restrictions, so i am hoping its an economic decision and that its not the true beginning of hte end of this season.

jg17

Truthfully as long as Crystal in Washington and WaWa are open it's not a good look for anyone to close right now.

Crystal stated that a guest that visited last week was confirmed positive, but they aren't even making a statement on changes to gondi capacity. So far their only position is removing lodge seating to make social distancing easier. They also considered reducing the number of people let up to the mountain, but decided against it after the fiascoes earlier this season...

Vaughn

Congrats!

Noting that management is fraudulently canceling the rest of the season for its' financial gain by blaming a viral epidemic that kills the elderly is crybaby thinking?

Little late but congrats on the absolute dumbest post on the forum this year. Amazing stuff- nicely done.

If you want to ski somewhere where the people running the resort aren't thinking about financial gain, I'd guess you'd need a time machine to get back to Slovenia under Tito* or something. Or just skin up a mountain for free anywhere you chose. Berkshire owes you nothing at all.

* I forgot that, given how completely stupid you are, you probably don't know Tito was the communist dictator that ran Yugoslavia** back in the day.

** Slovenia used to be part of Yugoslavia.