• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Berkshire East Outings?

Greg

Staff member
Hoping for some decent natural snowfall to head up to the Beast this season; likely on a weekday or a Sunday. Berkshire East has easily the best natural snow trails in Southern New England, and some decent gladed skiing too. I really like the place just after a sgnificant dump. Anyone else planning on hitting the Beast this season?

roark

Never been, I'm game for a visit. Can be there in under and hour from my house (roads/weather permitting).

Grassi21

I'm very interested. I have the Beast on my list and the drive isn't that bad from Southbury.

Greg

Staff member
took the words out of my mouth. I would love to check it out after a nice storm.

The place rules it with some nat. The day after an 18" dump:

Dsc05732.jpg

Dsc05734.jpg

Dsc05735.jpg

Dsc05736.jpg

Dsc05737.jpg

Dsc05738.jpg

Dsc05741.jpg

Dsc05752.jpg

Dsc05754.jpg

madskier6

I'm in as well. I've wanted to give the Beast a try for some time now. It will have to be on a day after some good natural snow because otherwise I've heard it affectionately called "Berkshire Ice". All kidding aside, I'd love to go especially for an AZ outing.

Mark_151

Oh yeah! I hope they do Coke a Cola Mondays again this year. All day lift ticket for $15 with any Coke product! I took a bunch of Mondays off to take advantage. This season, I'll be finishing off a contract position just in time to enjoy the ski season. The BEast will be a frequent visit!