• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Big Squaw,ME-3/27/05

Skimaine4ever

Website
www.bigsquawmountain.4t.com
Date(s) Skied: 3/27/05

Resort or Ski Area: Big Squaw,ME-3/27/05

Conditions: Packed Powder, Corn, SC, Machine Groomed

Trip Report: A beautiful at Squaw. THis was the least busy day I have ever skied in my life, probobly less than 30 people there. We expected to be skiing on Spring snow, but the primary surface was packed powder. They still have a ton of snow, well over a 3 foot base in most areas. Lift tickets are only 19 bucks. The place was so uncrowded that everybody who worked in the ski shop went out skiing for the day, they put a sighn in the lodge that read as followed "Gone Skiing, take a run, then swing back in and buy a ticket".

I was also happy to find out that they are planning to stay open till April 17th. And I dont think its going to be a problem with the amount of snow they have.

bigbog

Skimaine4ever said:
.....They still have a ton of snow, well over a 3 foot base in most areas.
I was also happy to find out that they are planning to stay open till April 17th. And I dont think its going to be a problem with the amount of snow they have.
This is VERY good news to hear Skimaine4ever! 8)

Joshua B

Is Big Squaw operating only the lower half of their mountain this year?

Edit: I answered my own question by going to their web site. The upper chair has been removed from their trail map and they're advertising 750 vertical. Well, that is honest.

Skifastsailfast

"...they're advertising 750 vertical. Well, that is honest..."

Advertising 750 vertical on Squaw's lower area is honest??? You were being facetious, right? Squaw's lower area has maybe 400 vertical, at the most. Claiming it to be 750 is about as honest as their claim that they'd stay open thru April 17.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that they get the summit double rebuilt/replaced. I'd love to get back there, but I'm not skiing the lower mountain all season.