• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Bike Log

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
OK, got my first real bike ride in, as opposed to the other day where it was 6 blocks. Me and my wife rode an easy 9.5 miles today at an average speed of 12.2 mph. a strong wind in both directions. Not much but it's a start.

bruno

jus' commutin' in all this good sunny weather the past coupla days with some takin' the long way home an' cuttin' through BU to check out the ladies! man o man, are there some fine lookin' ladies at our boston area centers of higher learnin'!!!:beer::dunce::daffy::razz:

been ridin' my rohloff 29er!!!!:beer:

good times!!!!:flag::snow::grin::-D

cbcbd

Went riding on the road yesterday for the first time since March and after making some bulged-disc-friendly modifications.

44 miles @ 17.1mph avg

I was pretty damn happy with the "results", especially when I couldn't feel shooting pains up my leg this morning - yay!

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
Went riding on the road yesterday for the first time since March and after making some bulged-disc-friendly modifications.

44 miles @ 17.1mph avg

I was pretty damn happy with the "results", especially when I couldn't feel shooting pains up my leg this morning - yay!

Nice, where did you do that road riding? Hills?

I got out in the woods on wednesday as I said I would for 90 minutes of hard riding.

Then did 54 miles on Friday down in Florida along A1A, through Palm Beach and down south. 18.3 avg with a 25 mph wind coming in off the ocean...mostly a cross-wind but caught me head-on a bit as I went north.

Just got out this evening in the woods for a quick non-stop 50 minute ride....didn't want to over do it as I'm hoping to get out tomorrow morning for a good long ride up at Blue Mtn. in Peekskill.

cbcbd

Today I got out to Trumbull for about 4 hours... hit some new stuff, always good.
Then I went back to the other side of the river with the girlfriend and we did a leisurely ride up to Monroe and back.

Nice, where did you do that road riding? Hills?

I got out in the woods on wednesday as I said I would for 90 minutes of hard riding.

Then did 54 miles on Friday down in Florida along A1A, through Palm Beach and down south. 18.3 avg with a 25 mph wind coming in off the ocean...mostly a cross-wind but caught me head-on a bit as I went north.

Just got out this evening in the woods for a quick non-stop 50 minute ride....didn't want to over do it as I'm hoping to get out tomorrow morning for a good long ride up at Blue Mtn. in Peekskill.

Rolling hills of the area. Left from my house in downtown Stamford and went up to Pound Ridge and Bedford,Ny and then made my way back through some choice roads in Greenwich and Stamford.
I suck at hills...

18.3 with nasty wind, nice!!

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
Rolling hills of the area. Left from my house in downtown Stamford and went up to Pound Ridge and Bedford,Ny and then made my way back through some choice roads in Greenwich and Stamford.
I suck at hills...

18.3 with nasty wind, nice!!

Those are some nice, big, rolling hills in that area. We definitely have to hook up for a ride. (road or mtn). My buddies and I have never been to Trumbull but hear great things....

Hoping to get to Blue Mtn. in about an hour or so....

Oh, and might have had a big wind..but there are NO hills down in south florida.

56fish

Website
www.borderskirental.com
Wife & I hit the local rail-trail yesterday for a 25 mile out & back. Fort Hill to Rockwood - Great Allegheny Passage. Tune-up for riding sweep next Sat. for a Salvation Army benefit.
Tandems are cool. We saw another tandem w/train & a triple w/train. Glad my kid (love her dearly) is out of the house!

from_the_NEK

Website
fineartamerica.com
Saturday May 26th

MTB ride on the Kingdom Trails in East Burke, VT. The trails on the mtn are now open so I parked at The Pub Outback in East Burke Village. Rode the road to the base lodge (378' vert). From there assended single track to the top of the high speed quad and traversed to the mid lodge (541' vert) then assended some more single track to the top of Owls Peak (325' vert). Decended mostly single track back to the base lodge and road back to the Pub. Total vert climbed = 1244' over 3.75 miles. Overall solid conditions (not too wet, not too dry). The decent was the opposite to the numbers above.

MarcHowes

Website
www.hoosactunnel.net
HA! I finally took out my bike and rode around yesterday! This is the first time its been used this year for anything other than calibration/checking to see if it survived storage!

Biked around Mine falls In Nashua for about an hour. Lots of people out, what a nice park. Found a nice bike route to the supermarket too (yay!)

Felt really good to ride again! Nashua is a bit easier to bike around than at first glance it may seem!

MarcHowes

Website
www.hoosactunnel.net
I have a mountain bike, it sounds like a swarm of bees on the pavement :) 90% of the time I bike on pavement, usually rail trails or biking back to my car after a hiking traverse.

My bike handles poorly on trails (like root/rock filled trails) so I don't venture onto those much :( seems half the time I do the front gear cogs get slammed/bent! grrr!

Goblin84

i prefer the term manch-angeles, I think it has a much better ring to it.

Did another 26milers yesterday. I normally meet up with GSW however cause of my late start I dont know if I can handle the 40+ mile group ride yet :p