• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Black Mountain, NH CLOSED

snoseek

That's what happens when an area gets flooded with people that don't work locally. Stuff needs to get more expensive and workforce housing needs to happen asap. I heard the market basket is finally gonna open thus week though.

eatskisleep

That comment right there. Restaurants in Bartlet and Conway all complaining they cant find workers. Ridiculous lines to just get breakfast. Good luck to Black
When Market Basket first had a job fair, expected 100+ people to show up, only 8 came all hired on the spot. Now they are bused daily from Noco to another location because they don’t want to lose them once they someday do open. I assume they are gonna bus others TO Noco to get it open.

BodeMiller1

When Market Basket first had a job fair, expected 100+ people to show up, only 8 came all hired on the spot. Now they are bused daily from Noco to another location because they don’t want to lose them once they someday do open. I assume they are gonna bus others TO Noco to get it open.
In NH contractors are brought in from Mass and Tenn. There must be a more efficient way.

chuckstah

Black is opening Saturday, one run from the triple. Good to see.

eatskisleep

Saw the double spinning on Saturday. Skied there a few weeks back. Any updates on a potential sale?

BodeMiller1

Not good, around here you need to stay open through March. Maybe next year, change the name to (not sure), butt Black in Maine is solid and they're 90 miles away.

2Planker

The same crew who put in a 2022 offer for the Cat are not interested in Black

BodeMiller1

eatskisleep

The same crew who put in a 2022 offer for the Cat are not interested in Black
I mean, do you blame them?

lol it’s a great fun mountain, but you’re constantly working against nature with the southern exposure. Not to mention the aging infrastructure on pretty much all fronts.

I was hoping the double spinning was a good sign, why bother to get it running if they don’t have a buyer.

Time will tell I suppose. Thanks everyone.

brads2002

I was there today. The poma was turning along with the triple. It was a beautiful sunny afternoon.

I chatted with an employee who said he hadn’t heard any news. Haven’t heard much chatter around town either.

It has been pretty active this season despite the snow. Friday nights have had the lot over half full. Weekends seem busy.