• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Blue 1/19/2010

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
Date(s) Skied: 1/19/10

Resort or Ski Area: Blue Mountain Ski Area

Conditions: Ever ski down a Slurpee?

Trip Report: Great night at Blue despite the snow & the fact the I forgot to bring my camera. I'll talk about the snow first. It was really like skiing down a giant slurpee. Very chopped up and everywhere you went, you would eave 2 inch deep tracks behind you even if your bases were flat on the snow. Paradise and Dreamweaver probabily in the best condition, with Dreamweaver having on;y a few really nice parts. Main Street was a horrible mess top to bottom. Razor's was eh. Falls was bumped up pretty well and I didn't exactly notice that on the ride up. We'll I blasted off the top only to land and be very surprised to find moguls. I'm amazed that I was able to just lean into them and absorb ever effin one of them for all of 100 feet.
blink.gif

I saw Nastar Glenn while loading the 6 pack and skied a run down Dreamweaver with him before meeting up with Tarponhead for a run. It was awesome to finally get a run with you dude. We really need to do that again when you have more time. Earlier in the night, I was talking to a dude about how he liked his AC50's and how I just demo'd them a few days ago. I don't know why I'm so curious about this ski, I totally love my Jet Fuels. Anyway, I was gonna take a run with him to see how they ski, but had to grab a phone call.

Later I saw the guy with the AC50's again and skied a pretty brisk run down Paradise with him after giving him the low-down on the redcoats. I skied a few runs with him and he gave me the 101 on skiing switch. Cool to fool around with. I can actually keep up with him, unlike when skiing with GSS, AtomicSkier, Toast, Kragen & NS-Jay
wink.gif
. Later while skiing Lazy Mile, I saw Gorgonzola and TarponHead in their race clinic but I didn't exactly realize that at first. I told dude on the AC50's how I know all these folks because of PASR. I then told him he should join the Blue Crew on Saturday or Sunday mornings because I need someone else to pick up the rear. I think he'll join us at some point. Hopefully soon we'll be rolling two six packs deep again.

Despite the conditions, I was blasting though slop with relative confidence. I really had to keep to a pretty good form and absorb a lot of crap with the legs to do so. I felt sorry for Naster Glenn and TarponHead because they were stuck on their race skis.
laugh.gif

gorgonzola

yea that snow was interesting on slalom skis to say the least! :blink:
once it started to set up it was fast as shit though but crazy bouncy once you got out of the track
hopefully we'll catch a few runs saturday

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
Yeah, once it started to thicken up I was getting bounced around a lot but found that if I pushed more speed into it I'd cut through it better. I left right after I saw you guys because the snow snakes were trying to get me.

Saturday should be good. I suspect that there will be lots of AZ & PASR members there.

tarponhead

yea that snow was interesting on slalom skis to say the least! :blink:
once it started to set up it was fast as shit though but crazy bouncy once you got out of the track
hopefully we'll catch a few runs saturday

yeah, after running the last gate it got interesting fast :blink:

Root, your jetfuels rock, I think the AC50 would be kinda redundant, no? Anyhoo, good to ski (behind) you last night!

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
yeah, after running the last gate it got interesting fast :blink:

Root, your jetfuels rock, I think the AC50 would be kinda redundant, no? Anyhoo, good to ski (behind) you last night!
The AC50 would be redundant and I'm not going to get them. Just wanted to see how the other half lives. I'm sure if you had your Watea's you would have been right next to me.