• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Blue mountain 12/28..I'm in the ski patrol database..

Hey All,

I'm back from an exciting session at Blue mountain. I arrived at 740AM and Atomic Jeff was Booting up. It was 41 degrees at the base and there was fog on the top 80% of the mountain. Not your typical run of the mill fog but pea-soup fog. When we got scanned in at 8AM there were only a few people. We first skied Lazy Mile a few times. In dense fog..Challenge and Razors are rough...the snow was a little crunchy..a little soft..a little fast and a little sticky..pretty much variable conditions. The race team was out there making their snakes. We skied some runs on Paradise as well.

One run on Paradise I was just going normal speed and I was ahead of A-Jeff..then I saw AtomicSkier in a bullet tuck on homestretch and he told me we will be chased by a patrollet..so we went to the quad and were just about to board but the patroller in hot pursuit had the liftees stop the quad. I'll let Atomic Jeff fill everybody in on the play by play but all I can say is that the Blue mountain ski patrollers are a strict bunch. The patroller that stopped us actually wanted to then ski with us and told A-Jeff that he could ski as fast as he wanted on Paradise if he became a patroller.

After getting put in the database and almost kicked out for the day..we ended with a few runs on Razors which was foggy on top but nice soft snow on the lower 2/3...we left around 1030AM and the patroller waved good-bye to us..then we went to the BMDI..for bacon and eggs..and now I'm going to drink heavily..for the first time since the 05-06 ski season..I'm in the ski patrol database which means I need to avoid Paradise and Burma or ski uber slow on those runs which is nearly impossible..oh well...

AtomicSkier

Due to the fog, Doug and I were skiing Lazy Mile and Paradise a lot to avoid injury. So on our 13th run of the day, we were skiing down Paradise at a slow pace, due to the fog, slow snow, and the wind slowing us down. So we were coming to the last sharp turn, and in the fog, I caught a glimpse of some red coats at the corner, but I didn't hear any whistles, so I kept skiing.

Well half way down the last straight away, I happened to see a red coat about 500 feet back in a tuck. I was like "uh oh". I went down into a bullet tuck and caught up to Doug on homestretch. I yelled "we're being pursued!" He yelled back "BY WHO!?". We agreed to try to sneak onto the quad as fast as we could to get away.

Well, that patroller wasn't going to have any of that. As we flew into the quad, the chair was just swinging around, and we were about to sit down when we heard "STOP THE LIFT STOP THE LIFT", as the patroller skiied on the wooden deck where the lifties stand. He yelled "You guys are done for the day!" I was like "What are you saying? I've got my music on", although, I really didn't. He was like "Take your skis off, I want to talk to you two". Doug and I just stood there, dumbfounded, and were like "What?!"

At this point the lift was stopped, and they were waiting for us to get off. Doug and I took our time getting our skis off, and walking away. I started walking away from the patroller, and he was like "Excuse me sir, I was talking to you!" He asked to see our pass, and I wouldn't have any of that. After he radioed for assistance, I showed him my pass quickly, but he got a glimpse of my name. He then proceeded to rip Doug's pass out of Doug's hand. I quickly warned him that that was battery.

He kept lecturing us on skiing fast down Paradise, and we kept saying, relatively politely, that we were in control, and we weren't skiing fast. And he kept saying that he had to haul ass to catch up to us, and Doug said "Well, Jeff is pretty fast, and you probably have crappy wax". He then got his "ticket book" out, and he wanted to know my address, so I gave him a completely wrong address, and then he asked me to sign, to which I said "I'm not signing anything without my lawyer".

He then asked for my pass number, and I said "You already saw my pass". He said "I can get your pass number, it would just make it easier". I politely asked "Can you just give us a warning?" and he said "This ticket is a warning", so I said "find the pass number yourself then".

At this point, a race coach and some of his kids went by and he said "Uh oh, what did they do" and Doug and I started to joke about the race team weaving down Paradise and speeding, and the one kid who was like 10 said "I'm already in the database this year!" and the other one yelled "me too!".

By this point, about 4 other patrollers had come as backup, one of the guys who is the biggest hard ass in the world. He had a stick up his ass immediately. I asked "How fast is too fast?" and they wouldn't give me an answer. He said we were "out of control". LOL, yes, on Paradise. Doug and I both asked about Mark Miller. They also knew Concussion Ted, and we told them he's a hypocrite because he used to ski paradise really fast.

I asked the policeman, I mean patroller, what his name was. He showed me his pass, and his name was Johann. Doug started yelling "Johann Johann Johann, I'm never going to forget that name". I was going to post his last name, but after we rode up the quad, I realized Doug's goggles were missing.

So we skied down Razors, which was really nice, down to the base, and the guys said they were up top. So we went up top, and Doug went into the patroller building to ask. They said Johann was on his way up.

So we waited for him, and when he gave Doug his goggles back, Doug asked if he wanted to ski a run with us. His dickwad friend was like "not with these guys". But Johann did. We did a speed run down Razors, and he passed me on home stretch and I said "SLOW DONW!". At the bottom, I saw him pointing to either lift, as if he wanted to ski another run with us. Doug and I were leaving anyway, but he waved to us as we left. He ended up being a nice guy, despite being an asshole when he was trying to scare us into slowing down.

He had an attitude immediately, and so did we. If you're polite from the beginning instead of acting like an asshole, we'll treat you with respect.

about 59 seconds in.

so you got nailed by patrol for going too fast? were you endangering anyone or were you just going too fast for his liking?

The thing was that the snow was slow..it was foggy and my skis haven't seen wax in days..so I wasn't even going fast..probably under 40mph..and there were hardly any people and I was in control..David, that video is great!!!!

The ski patroller didn't like when I tried to start a conversation with AtomicSkier while I was being written up...I was like,"Hey Jeff can we go to the mall after skiing"..lol...Although I meant it because maybe he'd buy me an Orange Julius..lmbfao..

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
Weird that they would spending their efforts on speed enforcement on an empty day.

Another way to ski as fast as you want on Paradise is to join the Blue Mountain Racing team. Those fں¢kers zip right by the Ski Patrol on Paradise with out consequence.

Weird that they would spending their efforts on speed enforcement on an empty day.

Another way to ski as fast as you want on Paradise is to join the Blue Mountain Racing team. Those fں¢kers zip right by the Ski Patrol on Paradise with out consequence.

The Blue Mountain race team needs to learn smartstyle..they are the biggest trail whores ever!!!!!

TheBEast

He had an attitude immediately, and so did we. If you're polite from the beginning instead of acting like an asshole, we'll treat you with respect.

Totally agree, as a patroller myself if you treat people with respect, you'll get respect back. But we do have some patroller's who feel it is their job to be hard a$$es. I just don't see the point.

davidhowland14

Website
www.frigidlight.com
The Blue Mountain race team needs to learn smartstyle..they are the biggest trail whores ever!!!!!

maybe they need to learn to...

PA290111.JPG

easy style it?

When I go skiing at Blue afterwork today..I'm going to have to remember to make slow and deliberate turns on slow skiing areas...otherwise I'll be tackled, shackled, and ejected!!!

That video is great..now I'm in the mood for Bacon and eggs..

My new goal is to try to become friends with Johann and hopefully get my name removed from the database so I can ski the way I like to ski...even on....Slow Skiing Trails...