• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Boot Fitting With Jeff Bokum

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Just wanted to report back on a fitting I had with Jeff last week. After suffering through numerous days of touring in my last pair of AT boots, I decided to do things right this time with the new Radiums. Not that I did not know the benefits of custom fitting as I had my alpine boots fitted with a custom foot bed years ago. I was just to cheap/lazy with my last boot and I paid the price. Any ways...

Jeff does some amazing work and is one heck of a guy to work with. I felt much better about this fitting than my alpine boot fitting in which I felt rushed through (I shall withold the name of the business that did my alpine boot fitting ;) ). I felt "worked on" with my alpine boot fitting whereas with Jeff I felt "worked with".

Results is where it is at and I couldn't believe how great my boots felt after we got the custom foot bed in the boot. The difference was incredible. The word that kept popping into my mind was "solid". The fit improvement with the foot bed compared to right out of the box was significant and overall fit improvement was noticeably improved. I did a full write up on my site about the fitting. I can't recommend Jeff enough and I don't know why it took me this long to seek out a foot bed for my AT boots. Jeff really knows his stuff and does great work.

roark

Good to hear. I had a similar experience with Jeff a couple years ago - overdue for another visit with some new boots.

Greg

Staff member
Jeff is the man! I transferred the Instaprints he did for me a few years ago to my new boots last year.

roark

Are those the endorphins you are overdue on? You are definitely over due on those, you are always complaining about the fit on those suckers!
adrenalines (did finally get some intuitions and baked them so I'd like to ski them a couple times before going in) + new lange wcs. also need to replace the chipped shim on the older langes - or decide they're done. The wife could use a visit as well...