• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Borvig Lift Company

NJSkiBabe

I'm looking for any information that might be out there on the Borvig Lift Company. (i.e. when it started, when it closed, types of lifts, where they were, etc.)

pepperdawg

You may want to inquire over at nelsap.org (snowjournal.com I think) forums....all sorts of lift junkies/fanatics hangout over there....I'm sure someone can help ya out.

ctenidae

Brief tidbits-
Borvig ran from 1961 to 1993, started adn owned by Gary Schulz. When it closed, Gary's son Hagen started Partek, using Borvig's desings. He sold lifts to Jiminy Peak and Shawnee his first year, then got bought by Doppelmayer CTEC in January this year.

Partek was working on a detachable system when it got bought, so I'd say all the old Borvig lifts were fixed-grip. Apparently they were sold mostly in the Northeast.

www.skilifts.org

Man, there's just about everything on the web these days. You think our "Name the ski area" thread is tough, these guys do "Name the chairlift".