• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Do any of you travel to Colorado.....

lloyd braun

Aspen that is!

If so I would offer up a great tour of our ski areas. Lots of vert 30k-50k per day, fun times, and maybe even a couple of runs with a ski movie superstar......

I read this board well, cause....my roots are from the east. That is where I learned to ski and I never see much mention of AZers coming out west.

So if anyone makes it out to ole Pitkin County this winter drop me a line.

Lloyd

PS- you have to be able to half way keep up!

lloyd braun

So Lloyd, how about some details?

details are easy....make your plans, PM me, we ski. That easy.

I really don't know what you are looking for but I ski almost everyday....except if I have a meeting.....I live 8 blocks from the Aspen Mountain Gondola so I can meet you quick.

I can probably get you discounted (6 pack of beer) ski rentals. I would be happy to help with hotels etc......

What trails/mountains? that will depend on conditions

I will take you anywhere you want to go on the mountain, assuming it is open.

anything else?

AdironRider

Hey man

This coming March my gf, aunt, and I will be spending some time in Crested Butte. Id love to sample some other mtns as well so theres a very good chance Id be taking you up on that offer. Hope you dont mind a snowboarder tagging along (myself) and I assure my gf can rip on skis. Theres a reason Ive kept her around for 3 years.

lloyd braun

if this is what your slopes look like (the amount of people) then you need to come west and enjoy some room on the slopes

highpeaksdrifter

I've never been to Aspen, but would like to. I've done a week in Colorado the past 2 Febs. I wasn't planning on going this season, but you never know.

BTW - your handle is a great Stenfeld reference.:beer:

lloyd braun

Hey man

This coming March my gf, aunt, and I will be spending some time in Crested Butte. Id love to sample some other mtns as well so theres a very good chance Id be taking you up on that offer. Hope you dont mind a snowboarder tagging along (myself) and I assure my gf can rip on skis. Theres a reason Ive kept her around for 3 years.

My wife snowboards so that won't be an issue.

We will be happy to show you around. The trip from CB in the winter is a long drive so check with me before hand cause I have a friend with a small plane that could (if you hire him 200 bucks or so) come pick you up for the quick 8 minute flight here then take you back. The drive is 5 hours in the winter although we are only 18 miles from CB.

lloyd braun

I've never been to Aspen, but would like to. I've done a week in Colorado the past 2 Febs. I wasn't planning on going this season, but you never know.

BTW - your handle is a great Stenfeld reference.:beer:

Come here. you will not be sorry.

We have some of, if not, the best terrain in all of Colorado, with no crowds. Yes that is right no crowds. I never wait in a lift line more than 2 minutes.

There is also very affordable lodging here as well.

edit: serenity NOW!

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
if this is what your slopes look like (the amount of people) then you need to come west and enjoy some room on the slopes

Couple of things:
  1. What's the idea of stealing my pic?
    normal_PB190013.JPG
  2. Don't mind me, strange sense of humor
  3. By details, I just meant, do you work for Aspen and can perhaps help out with tix and such. Or, do you just frequent this site and would like to get together with some folks. In either case it's nice of you.
  4. Allskiing is hope to plan a trip out west, for now it looks like Utah. Perhaps you can chime in on that thread and give some suggestions. http://forums.alpinezone.com/8349-2007-az-west-trip.html
  5. I am planning on heading out West probably late February, early March for 2 weeks. I plan on Utah for 5 days and then was thinking of other areas, Telluride being one of them. Guess now I have to consider Aspen :)
  6. If conditions are good and I can get decent pricing on tix, might even head out Christmas week. How are things during this period?

AdironRider

That plane idea sounds awesome! Id probably make use of that and come down for my last day in colorado and fly out of there. Ill let you know for sure when the time comes.

JimG.

Staff member
Aspen that is!

If so I would offer up a great tour of our ski areas. Lots of vert 30k-50k per day, fun times, and maybe even a couple of runs with a ski movie superstar......

I read this board well, cause....my roots are from the east. That is where I learned to ski and I never see much mention of AZers coming out west.

So if anyone makes it out to ole Pitkin County this winter drop me a line.

Lloyd

PS- you have to be able to half way keep up!

Lloyd, my alter ego in the food industry...is your food distributor looking to hire an experienced sales person?

lloyd braun

Couple of things:
  1. What's the idea of stealing my pic?
    normal_PB190013.JPG
  2. Don't mind me, strange sense of humor
  3. By details, I just meant, do you work for Aspen and can perhaps help out with tix and such. Or, do you just frequent this site and would like to get together with some folks. In either case it's nice of you.
  4. Allskiing is hope to plan a trip out west, for now it looks like Utah. Perhaps you can chime in on that thread and give some suggestions. http://forums.alpinezone.com/8349-2007-az-west-trip.html
  5. I am planning on heading out West probably late February, early March for 2 weeks. I plan on Utah for 5 days and then was thinking of other areas, Telluride being one of them. Guess now I have to consider Aspen :)
  6. If conditions are good and I can get decent pricing on tix, might even head out Christmas week. How are things during this period?

1. I saw it [pic] on your website and it made me laugh. really, outloud and I felt the need to point out that you all ski in crowds.

2. I don't mind your sense of humor, I kinda thought you may say something about it when I posted YOUR pic.

3. I may be able to get a discounted lift ticket but usually they are hard to come by, unless you work for the ski company. I was really offering up my hospitality because I frequent the site, and in my opinion seems that some of you are in need of a dose of some good snow and big terrain. I offered up a tour in the hopes of getting you all psyched about the west, mainly Colorado

4. I will check out the thread you mentioned

5. Utah is awesome and you will have a great time with promising conditions. T-Ride is another great mountain, but please remember we have 4 ski areas with in 6 miles of Aspen waiting for you. And we have better terrain. Ever hear of the Highland Bowl?

6. Conditions can be great over Christmas but there are NO deals. That is our crazy, busy, expensive time. The town is over packed (all hotels at capacity, and most second home owners in town) If you are coming to ski don't come over Christmas. If you want to see and be seen, well then, it is a great time.

Hope to see you here.

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Thanks for the answers and offer of hospitality. As far as the pic goes, in all fairness, that was opening day and terrain was limited. Maybe, I'll see you in March.

lloyd braun

Lloyd, everyone knows that the ratio of guys to gals in a ski town sucks for guys, but we talkin about Aspen in this thread. Tell us some tales about the rick, beautiful tail that can be found there.

The ratio here is not bad, and most women are hot, and none are fat!

If you can't find a hot women in this town you must be gay, not that there is anything wrong with that.

I am married to a beautiful woman now.

If you come out I would be happy to entertain you with stories from the past over a beer or something.

lloyd braun

Lloyd, my alter ego in the food industry...is your food distributor looking to hire an experienced sales person?

Always looking for good salespeople.

you can't have my territory however....unless they fire me! There are lots of great oppertunities out here. This part of the world is growing and growing fast.