• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Does it always piss hot rain right before or on Christmas in eastern ski country or does if just seem that way?

Kingslug20

After yesterday's events on the road...I would careful out there saturday..Saturday...
I'm out..

Kingslug20

Temp for stowe is also lower so maybe not the big washout...
Roads will be the issue...4 degrees at night...going to be sporty out there..

KustyTheKlown

Temp for stowe is also lower so maybe not the big washout...
Roads will be the issue...4 degrees at night...going to be sporty out there..

yea i am christmasing in north carolina til the 26th. my concern isn't skiing this weekend, its preventing carnage that would ruin 12/27-31

jaytrem

yea i am christmasing in north carolina til the 26th. my concern isn't skiing this weekend, its preventing carnage that would ruin 12/27-31
You should hit Sugar Mountain. It's worth it just to witness the carnage on the one intermediate trail off the top. Never seen anything like it anywhere else. Bodies everywhere!

Kingslug20

Maybe ill go to the range and blow off 200 rounds...that's a decent frustration killer..

Mainer

I’m hoping it gets cold enough to freeze the lake properly for ice skating after the hot rain. Or get a Couple inches on the back end at least x country will still be in play. I never ski Christmas week and this year will be no exception

KustyTheKlown

You should hit Sugar Mountain. It's worth it just to witness the carnage on the one intermediate trail off the top. Never seen anything like it anywhere else. Bodies everywhere!
lol. this year we're going to her brother in charlotte. last year we went to her mom near nashville. ooo boy, when i said 'baby, ober gatlinburg is on my indy pass', she basically murdered me with her eyes. there will be no jewish heathen skiing at southern family xmas this year or ever. you gotta know when to hold em, know when to fold em, and when to walk away. i live with a very long reasonable leash from my better half.

abc

I’m hoping it gets cold enough to freeze the lake properly for ice skating after the hot rain. Or get a Couple inches on the back end at least x country will still be in play. I never ski Christmas week and this year will be no exception
Ice skating is looking to be the best option!

x-country after a hard freeze after rain? You’re a better skier than I ever will be.

I don’t usually ski Christmas week. Though there had been exceptions when condition warrants. But this year isn’t one such.