• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Favorite New England mountain

ssusca

I see a lot of votes for the Loaf and the Bush. Personally, I love them both however the only times I've been to either, the conditions were less than stellar. Half the mountain was closed for either extreme cold or high winds or both. The runs I was able to ski were excellent however. I think I would vote for either Stowe of Sunday River. You really cant beat the Front Four at Stowe and the glades at the River are awesome.

That being said, for steeps, I love Magic. It's relatively close and there are never any crowds. You just have to hit it at the right time. I haven't been there this year but I plan on making the trip soon.

ssusca

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention Jay. Great snow and the front face rocks! It's too bad that it's too far for a day trip.

ssusca

Unfortunately I've never been to MRG. I know, I can't believe it either. I gotta get there soon. How's the snow there this year?

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
ssusca said:
Unfortunately I've never been to MRG. I know, I can't believe it either. I gotta get there soon. How's the snow there this year?[/quote
better than most. they have been legitimately 100% for a while now though rock skis still advisable if you fear for your bases. though it's not that bad.]

sledhaulingmedic

Magic

MRG

Loaf

Cannon

Stowe (might change if I can get there with more snow, but like Magic, the best stuff doesn't hold snow well :angry: )

WIldcat

awf170

I would have to say Wildcat because of the awsome vertical served by the quad and the creeks. Also they seem to get very good snow. Then Sugarloaf because of the glades and backside for second and Sugarbush in 3rd because of castlerock and awsome runs like rumble.