• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Feb 7 -9 Snow Forecasting (or) AlpineZone Summit Powder?

xwhaler

What are the early thoughts on when the Sunday/Monday storm might hit? Early enough in the day on Sunday so we can enjoy it at the Loaf or late in the day after the lifts close to make the long ride home a nightmare?!

Tin

I'm calling about staying up there Sunday night because I want to avoid that ride home from hell...and might stay Monday as well lol

xwhaler

I think SL will extend the prevailing rate on either end (Thursday or Sunday nights)...if you can take Monday off its a no brainer for effectively $69 ski/stay! Wish we could but in laws watching our son are already doing us a huge favor letting us get away this wknd!

moguler6

Bown-chicka-baw-baw :thumbup: Too bad it won't actually happen :???:

It could. That's the 16 day cumulative snowfall total. This includes tomorrows storm, the monday storm, and the Valentine's day storm. Three 10-12 inch storms is not unheard of.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Models remain far apart; it appears to be pooping out.
ensecm_nnn6h_st_NH_CONCORD.png

wa-loaf

I took Monday off...I'm sure they will let me stay another night.

If I didn't have to pick my kids up Sunday afternoon I'd totally stay another day. Just hoping this somehow moves up to a Saturday night event.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
[h=5]Northeast Weather
[/h]I am currently mounting the potential for a major east coast snowstorm late this week as an area of low pressure develops along the northern gulf of mexico and moves northwestward, and rapidly intensifying. Potential exists for 6"+ of snow along a large portion of the region extending from Washington, D.C. through Boston, MA. While the details concerning this potential system largely remain uncertain, I would like to note the increasing potential for a massive winter storm this Sunday into Monday. Stay tuned for more information!
- Sam Ebby of Northeast Weather

St. Bear

Website
twitter.com
This goes back to the irresponsible model sharing discussion.

I don't know where they hear it, but I've had multiple people in my office come up to me and say they heard 30"+ for Sun here in Jersey. They were talking like it was a forecast. Goes to show you that no matter how many disclaimers and warnings you put up, what people interpret is completely different than what you say.