• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Flu shot: yea or nay

Jeff Isabelle

Rattler

I get one every year as its a standard thing with me (when I remember). I've traveled quite a bit usually from Ottawa:snow: to Vacouver to Whistler:snow: or the Carribean when I want a break :beer: and I hate ruining a good holiday by catching a bug:angry:. So I try to get one every october. Thanks for the reminder:snow:

drjeff

Yeah, but wouldn't a shotgun prominently displayed above the fire place in the living room be an equally effective deterrent? :lol:

I'm thinking that I'll actually set up a display case of the forceps that I use to extract peoples teeth right over the doorway when my daughter hits dating age!

A few of these

Iforceps.jpg

I figure will make a mighty fine visual deterrent! ;)

wa-loaf

I'm thinking that I'll actually set up a display case of the forceps that I use to extract peoples teeth right over the doorway when my daughter hits dating age!

A few of these

Iforceps.jpg

Just leave some extracted molars lying around the house. :-D

A few of these

Iforceps.jpg

Scary..I'm going to grab my mouthwash, toothbrush, toothpaste and floss..lol:daffy:

drjeff

Scary..I'm going to grab my mouthwash, toothbrush, toothpaste and floss..lol:daffy:

That's my personal favorite extraction forcep! Those curved, pointed tips are designed to CRACK a lower molar in half :eek: :eek: :eek:

Yup, they'll make the PERFECT deterrent when my daughter reaches dating age! ;) :lol:

playoutside

I've gotten a flu vaccine for the past 4 years. Started when my Mom was in a rehab and now assisted living. Both places recommend frequent visitors get the flu shot...to protect the residents. Guess they looked at outsiders as big fat germ carriers. I rarely get any sicknesses, but the thought of being a carrier and putting others with weak systems at risk was enough to start getting the shot.

krisskis

Owww.....i just got stabbed for the flu vaccine. Bastards from ID just made rounds on my floor giving out shots. These peolpe DO NOT know how to give an injection!!

drjeff

Owww.....i just got stabbed for the flu vaccine. Bastards from ID just made rounds on my floor giving out shots. These peolpe DO NOT know how to give an injection!!

Let me guess the 0.2 second rapid push method from the ID folks :rolleyes:

After giving who knows how many thousands of injections, I'm a HUGE believer that unless you're administering drugs for immenent life saving reasons, an injection on a conscious patient should always be done SLOWLY. Much, much, much more comfortable that way IMHO.

Warp Daddy

yep I'll get one as Hospital board type and the Queen will get hers as a Hospital Auxiliary type-- being in that environment its expected

krisskis

Let me guess the 0.2 second rapid push method from the ID folks :rolleyes:

After giving who knows how many thousands of injections, I'm a HUGE believer that unless you're administering drugs for immenent life saving reasons, an injection on a conscious patient should always be done SLOWLY. Much, much, much more comfortable that way IMHO.

Oh you are dead on!! It was over faster than i could blink. Today my arm is red, swollen and aching like a mofo. I feel like crap too. I have never had any reaction whatsoever from a flu shot...guess its my time to experience it :-(