• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Gearburger.com

BeanoNYC

After a lengthy photo discussion on Facebook between me and some other AZ members regarding someone's recent (and awesome!) tramdock purchase, I decided to poke around to find out if I could get alerts for specific items or brands. I came across www.gearburger.com

You can customize the settings to be for specific brands or types. They will email you when any of the "one deal at a time" sites has a deal that meets your criteria. I find this useful as these sites will have repeats on certain days and will alert me to keep a closer eye on it.

Thought this might come in handy for someone here. Sorry if this site has been discussed before but the search came up empty.

WJenness

Out of curiosity, what was the recent and awesome tramdock purchase.

Will check out gearburger, sounds pretty sweet. Thanks.

-w

BeanoNYC

BeanoNYC

I guess you guys beat me to it. I kept the names out of the conversation to protect the innocent. (not sure if you want to be associated with me :) ) Now that the cat is out of the bag poor Sev can have her facebook photo back without us hijacking the comments.

WJenness

Nice grab bvibert!

I have the 84 in a 184 length and I love them so far (3 days on them to this point, some soft manmade, but no soft natural yet).. By the end of day three, I was really dialing in how to ski this ski and make them carve... They're a very fun ski, but they like to RUN, so I think I may need to find something else for the crowded days. (But that's likely the gear whore in me trying to justify another ski purchase)

-w

Last edited:

bvibert

Staff member
I guess you guys beat me to it. I kept the names out of the conversation to protect the innocent. (not sure if you want to be associated with me :) ) Now that the cat is out of the bag poor Sev can have her facebook photo back without us hijacking the comments.

No problems, I appreciate the discretion. ;) Seriously, it was a good deal, I don't mind talking about it.

I'm sure Carrie will appreciate having her page back, and not getting dozens of emails from the discussion. ;)

wa-loaf

Cool, the caught the $199 sale on them. That's a good sign. You're going to have to be right there to capitalize on that if they show up again.

BeanoNYC

Cool, the caught the $199 sale on them. That's a good sign. You're going to have to be right there to capitalize on that if they show up again.

I have an android app that alerts me to all new tramdoc and steep and cheap items. Between this and the app, I've done all I can. I'll be sure to boast about it if it all works out.

wa-loaf

I keep thinking GearBurgler when I read the name. I think they should change it.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
I think that's the most active discussion I've had on a pic before. ;)

BeanoNYC

Darn....I've seen brand names go up that are on my watch list and haven't received any emails. Maybe this is too good to be true. Not in my spam folder...address in in my contact list. Has anyone successfully received emails?

wa-loaf

haven't tried it. I'm trying not to buy anymore gear right now. :lol:

BeanoNYC

Darn....I've seen brand names go up that are on my watch list and haven't received any emails. Maybe this is too good to be true. Not in my spam folder...address in in my contact list. Has anyone successfully received emails?

Forgot to mention that I got a prompt email back from Gearburger. It seems that I had brands and departments on my watch list but failed to pick out my categories. Everything is working great now. Keeping my fingers crossed that the Wateas won't pop up when I'm not looking. I start work again tomorrow.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Forgot to mention that I got a prompt email back from Gearburger. It seems that I had brands and departments on my watch list but failed to pick out my categories. Everything is working great now. Keeping my fingers crossed that the Wateas won't pop up when I'm not looking. I start work again tomorrow.

I was B's personal watch list. Texted him at work as soon as I saw them pop up. ;)