• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

how many are sick around here?

Vortex

I have some form of Flu. Feel horroble, but can't take anytime off from work. Seems like everyone I know has it. Has this hit the rest of the ski community?:evil:

2knees

I think i have a sinus infection too. I've been running like a faucet for over a week with a massive headaches. It sucks. I cant believe how much snot the human body can produce.

Greg

Staff member
I have not been sick all winter. With a three year old in day care, that's pretty amazing. By me posting this, I'm gauranteed to get sick within the next week. Mark my words...

Vortex

2knees said:
I think i have a sinus infection too. I've been running like a faucet for over a week with a massive headaches. It sucks. I cant believe how much snot the human body can produce.

Almost the same thing. headaches killing me.

NYDrew

Severe Concussion from car accident last week at smuggs. I'll give you the whole trip report when it doesn't hurt so much to look at the screen.

roark

Bob R said:
Almost the same thing. headaches killing me.
Get better fast Bob, you've got losts of sking to do!
I've been fighting something for over a week. Wife got real sick. Hasn't kept me off the slopes though:)

ctenidae

Greg said:
I have not been sick all winter. With a three year old in day care, that's pretty amazing. By me posting this, I'm gauranteed to get sick within the next week. Mark my words...

That three year old is probably helping you more than you think, Greg. Constant low-level exposure to a walking petri dish helps keep the old immune system in shape. Like a workout, only without the sweating.

ALLSKIING

Staff member
I was sick this week. First the :puke: bug then I got a fever and now just a cold. This is all thanks to my daughters school..The place is like a petri dish.

ChileMass

NYDrew said:
Severe Concussion from car accident last week at smuggs. I'll give you the whole trip report when it doesn't hurt so much to look at the screen.

Hope you're kidding, but if not get better fast!!! You gotta be careful on Route 100 - it was made for buggies......

ChileMass

Amazingly, with so much sickness all around, my family has missed all of it.

Personally I feel fine, but there's no doubt there's something seriously wrong with Marc......:)

SKIQUATTRO

its been along winter in our house....the 3yr gets something, gives it to the 10mo old, passes it along to mom...i've been fortunate (knock on wood) havent gotten sick at all

teachski

Website
teachski.com
I've been fighting a sinus infection for the past 2-3 weeks. I am on antibiotics for it, but it doesn't seem to want to go away. My older brother just got out of the hospital where he had been for over a week with an acute case of pneumonia...he started with what he called a bad cold...but didn't see a doctor until it turned to pneumonia. Go see a doctor if you have a bad cold or think you have a sinus infection, you don't want to end up with pneumonia like he did.