• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Hunter changed to maybe midweek opening

inhalexhale

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Website
www.huntermtn.com
You can slide... but it'd be an annoying and warm walk to F-lift. I really am not thinking the other Catskills resorts will open this weekend, either, but who knows. I'm glad we're waiting for better snow conditions. It'll be worthwhile, and it'll be top-to-bottom, and we will almost surely have more than HBK open.

ta&idaho

FWIW, Mount Snow's now saying the same thing. From their Facebook page:

Recent weather has left us behind where we hoped to be at this point. Rain on Thursday and warm temps on Friday are going to make it difficult to have top to bottom skiing on Sunday. We will make the final call tomorrow morning so please check back for updates.

JimG.

Staff member
You can slide... but it'd be an annoying and warm walk to F-lift. I really am not thinking the other Catskills resorts will open this weekend, either, but who knows. I'm glad we're waiting for better snow conditions. It'll be worthwhile, and it'll be top-to-bottom, and we will almost surely have more than HBK open.

Well, it's clearly not the mountain's fault that the weather sucks.

The bad vibes are just because of alot of jonesin' skiers who can't take it anymore.

Looks like K on Sunday for me.