• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Jay Peak conditions and weather today?

DEVO

Can anyone living nearby to Jay give me an idea of the weather for today and outlook for tomorrow and how much snow there is? Has the mtn had any more snow in the last couple of days? I have checked a few different weather sites and Jay's site, but wanted to see if any of you kids could give me a realistic view of what's going on up there for today and tomorrow. Looks like a few of us are gonne drive up really early tomorrow morning and get a couple of runs in before heading home and wanted to make sure it hadn't/wasn't going to rain there. Thanks!

kingdom-tele

top half of the mtn in the clouds this morning, 29 at my house, few drops of wet snow, might have been more on the mtn, but accumulating doubtful, was over in montgomery yesterday, unskiable now bottom third, back to dirt, maybe some shady spots would be passable, from the telescope yesterday the top 2/3 was skiable and the vermonter was still all white as far as i could see (up to green beret turn in), skied tuesday morning, top to bottom and the depth was still great down to chalet meadow, probably still skiable but boney fromthe sun yesterday

they will be blowing snow tonight so the jet will likely be off limits

good luck

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
i haven't been to jay since monday but am looking to be there or mansfield this weekend. i am going in with the assumption that no new snow has fallen since sunday night/early monday morning. monday, the open slopes were f'ing terrible on monday to put it mildly. the wind picked anything not sheltered completely apart. if turns is turns, you will find some snow to play on the upper 2/3 of the mountain as kingdom-tele suggested but don't go in with the expectation of what recent reports have shown.