• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

K2 Public Enemies

Jean-Pierre Skier

I'm looking for a twin tip that is a decent all-mountain ski and came up with the 2007 Public Enemy. Does anyone have any input into last year's Public Enemy or has anyone had a chance to ski the 2007 PE yet? I ski in the East so a hard surface and lots of bumps is where I'm found most days. Very little park riding (though some). As far as I can tell the PE is probably the most likely choice for a twin tip that can perform well under these circumstances.

Hawkshot99

I had a pair of them last year. I loved the ski. They are nice and stiff unlike most skis that are like a noodle. I skiid it as my everyday ski last year and loved them. They handled good at speed but was still respectable at short turns.
The only thing to look out for on last years model is the top coat. it is made out of a very soft material that will fray and delaminate. Mine did not do this(I took care of mine) but pretty much every pair that came back to the shop and all our demos were disgusting on the top coats. The damage comes from hitting one skis top coat with the edge of the other ski.

Over all I love these skis, and bought another pair of them for this year. The only difference between the two years is the graphics, and the different top coat. I havent skiid them yet this year, but the top coat looks like it will last much better.

SkiDork

laseranimal (from KZone and TGR, not sure if he posts here) has a pair and he rocks on them

I think they're a good all around all-mountain compromise, that has very decent backcountry capability. I/m pretty sure they rock in the trees...

PowderDeprived

You might want also want to check out the Volkl Karmas, a little bit more serious of a ski than the Public Enenmy in my opinion, Nice and stiff, is almost a powder ski, but skis ice, crud, and hardpack just fine. The karma is also a sick ski in the bumps, and trees, if you demo stuff, check both out.

I have never skied a Public Enemy, I did look at them though, The Karma is a sweet ski, turns nicly, carves pow beautifuly, is sick in the bumps, and skids easily, turns great at any speed, a really sweet ski.

Birdman829

I can also vouch for the Karma (but haven't tried the PE). Will do just about anything you ask of it. I also might have a pair I'm looking to get rid of if you wanna go the used route.