• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Keurig/Green Mountain Sold to Private Equity Group; Going Private

Puck it

Just switched to using the machine for hot water to make French press with good ground coffee. Much better. Wife still drinking the k cups crap.

fcksummer

Website
fck-summer.tumblr.com
How bad of a cook must you be too burn Keurig?

It's impossible... The roast is what tastes burnt...

I find that extraordinarily unlikely. The same roast tastes just fine in a last generation Kuerig. Matter of fact the 3 different roasts that I tested all were fine in the older Kuerig yet all tasted like burnt rubber. If there's a cooking method besides filling it with water and pressing the flashing light please inform me. Thanks

jimk

Comment from recent CNN article: Angelino’s Coffee based in Los Angeles offers an ongoing $.39/Kcup deal with free shipping and get a 24ct box of selected flavors. It’s shipped directly from the roaster.

ctenidae

In the office we just got some variety that is just the top and the bag, no "cup." San Francisco Bay from Green Mountain.
Tastes like ass. More specifically, burned coffee ass water. Since Green Mountain blends are, generally, within a range, I attribute the assness to the lack of cup, meaning the brewed coffee has to run somehow through the nasty pod holder to get to my cup. Which is pretty nasty.