• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Keystone Night Skiing 2/24/16

dlague

Keystone Night Skiing

The original plan was to ski Keystone at night the day we arrived but due to delays at the airport and at the car rental office we got pressed with time. In any case we were going to make it happen and we did.

So, the day we skied Keystone the lifts were open until 8 pm. Since we left around three, we decided to check our skis in and put our gear in lockers. We left so I could get a haircut for my interview on Friday and we were going to get something to eat and rest a bit. We returned to Keystone and we're excited about night skiing there since the number of acres of night skiing is 289, bigger than many ski areas in the east. Well the night skiing runs did not let us down. The amount of vertical covered as well as distance for a couple of hours far out did what could be achieved at Gunstock or Pats Peak in a whole night of skiing. It was a crazy experience IMO. The runs were all on the front peak Dercum Mountain and all off the Gondola and super fun. If you want to ski at night only from 4-8 it is $72 and well worth it. Or buy a lift ticket on a night skiing day and do as we did - take a break and come back. We would do it again! Night skiing there is a lot different from what I have done back east. The runs are big, fast but lighting did leave dark spots but nothing problematic - in fact it kind of made more interesting.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone

mriceyman

Hostipal chasers would be all over those dark spots back east

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

dlague

missed this if you previously posted about it, hope your interview went well
if successful does it lead to you relocating to that area?

Yes I am working to move to CO! I want it and I need it!

Last edited:

dlague

Hostipal chasers would be all over those dark spots back east

Very true, but that was part of the trill IMO. Tracking at high speeds into dark areas was cool!

dlague

Village at night from the bridge as our boys cross it.
ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1456690928.239889.jpg

Hawkshot99

Skied Keystone lastn year twice when I stayedbin Dillon, but only during the day. It was a fun mtn with a lot of variety.

SkiRay

Night skiing. Something we do here in NJ from time to time but, NOT as nice as this. Man, talk about having the place to yourselves. I am with you about moving to a place with more reliable snow. Good luck with the relocation.

mriceyman

Very true, but that was part of the trill IMO. Tracking at high speeds into dark areas was cool!

Its on my list