• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Labor Day Weekend 2023

thetrailboss

Staff member
Getting closer to ski season now!

Anyone doing anything interesting this weekend? Anything ski related? Outdoor related?

Just relaxing here. I may check out some ski/outdoor shops for any deals.

Edd

This Wednesday we’re going to Copenhagen, Denmark, with a side journey to Gothenburg, Sweden. I guess Copenhagen has an indoor ski area, which I was considering visiting and doing a TR on 🤣. But I’m sure not taking any kind of ski clothes; I might try to poke my head in and snap pics.

jimk

Boring response, but as a retired guy I tend to lie low on most weekends including holidays. When every day is Saturday, why mix with the mobs on actual Saturdays?:)
Having said that, I am going to West Virginia ski country in a few days to play golf for three days in cool temps with some ski buddies!

Terry

Just getting commitments done so I will have free time during ski season. Putting in firewood, doing some needed body work on my winter truck, fixed the heater core on a friend's 58 ford fairlane.

Attachments

• 20230902_124235.jpg
    20230902_124235.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 9

crank

This Wednesday we’re going to Copenhagen, Denmark, with a side journey to Gothenburg, Sweden. I guess Copenhagen has an indoor ski area, which I was considering visiting and doing a TR on 🤣. But I’m sure not taking any kind of ski clothes; I might try to poke my head in and snap pics.
Rent bikes and go everywhere on them! Buy weed in Christiania.

We went to a 3 day music festival in Charlestown RI. Rented a 3 bedroom house with some friends. Rode bikes and swam in the ocean. Fun and exhausting weekend. Weather was super nice.

BodeMiller1

Rent bikes and go everywhere on them! Buy weed in Christiania.

We went to a 3 day music festival in Charlestown RI. Rented a 3 bedroom house with some friends. Rode bikes and swam in the ocean. Fun and exhausting weekend. Weather was super nice.
Christina is closed. The City was sick of all the hippies and bulldozed it.

crank

Christina is closed. The City was sick of all the hippies and bulldozed it.
Don't believe this is true as it was just in the news a few days ago. Something about gangs fighting over who gets to sell pot there.

Edd

Don't believe this is true as it was just in the news a few days ago. Something about gangs fighting over who gets to sell pot there.
There was a shooting, I heard. Tourists are asked not to spend $ there since. Going on a bike tour today so hoping to see that and a drive by of this indooor ski area.

Edd

IMG_5187.jpegIMG_5210.jpegIMG_5216.jpegIMG_5191.jpegIMG_5189.jpegIMG_5181.jpegIMG_5184.jpegI didn’t think I’d end up here. I was wrong about the ski area In Copenhagen being indoors. It’s outdoor. That’s a climbing wall on the outside. Views from the top included. This is a power plant inside.

BodeMiller1

Looks like Gatlinburg, TN. back when you "skied" plastic pellets. Didn't do it as I was like 10. Looks like fun until you fall. Green ribbon of death...🌲