• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Longest continuous run skied

Newpylong

Peak to Creek to Franzes or Dave Murray downhill at Whistler. 5K vertical uninterrupted. Can't beat that. I did stop a dozen times though ha.,

Start in winter, end in rain.

AdironRider

Top to bottom at Jhole in 6.56. Not sure on mileage but 4139 vert non stop is pretty awesome no matter how you slice it.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
I have no idea. I've regularly skied down the trail nonstop (first tracks at Sugarloaf are usually a good example of a top to bottom nonstop run). But I have no idea how long that takes or what my longest time skiing are.

AdironRider

Yeah I live here, not going through that trouble. Cool site though.

octopus

the one all the way across sunday river, starts with kansas and ends up at the summit grand resort. i did it nonstop and go pro'd it, but now of course i can't find the vid, took a while.

ScottySkis

i guess the run from one peak of K to the very bottom vertical is big ckose to 30000 i think but one or twice in lifetime unless you have X cojnty skis with u

C-Rex

I have no idea of the length but the vert was around 2200 ft. It was a spot off the Mt. Rose Highway near Tahoe. We hiked about 2 hours up, chilled for like 30 min, and took around 9 min with one short breather on the way down. We weren't ripping, just flowing through the trees and hitting all the wind lips and natural features we could find. It was around 45 degrees at the base, bluebird sky, and perfect spring snow. We did that run twice that day. In between, we built a lip on a nice roller with a beautiful, untouched, open landing and played "who can go the biggest" for a while. Man, I miss that stuff!

ReefBum

This past Sunday I did the 1,670 vert at SB's Castlerock non-stop. Of course I have to qualify that by saying it was groomed ��. Nonetheless, with 5" of champaign powder on top, it was a memorable run given that we were on the first two chairs up!

Last edited:

xlr8r

Longest non stop:
Killington Peak to Skyeship Base

Longest with rest breaks:
Peak to Creek at Whistler

ScottySkis

Got to be awesome to be in Europe were yiu can go frok Mountain stake runs all day sleep on Mountain next day have fun runs at another mountain and get around the whole country like this anyone here ever be licky enough for that dxpsrience.

jimk

In 2003 a buddy and I joined a friendly guy named Christian at Zell am See-Kaprun for a beautiful day of skiing in Austria. Before we knew it Christian had us climbing over 3300ft/1000m on a string of lifts including the Zeller gondola and an express chairlift to Panorama Pfiff, elevation 6230ft/1900m. After the quick lift rides we began our first real run down the mountain on a mellow looking intermediate trail called The Schutt. It got a little tougher as it went on and by the time we made it to the bottom of the trail at Zell’s neighboring village of Schuttdorf I think I needed to shave again. We had traveled nearly five miles down a vertical drop of 4000ft/1200m, undoubtedly the most thorough “warm-up” run of my life.
View towards the Kitzsteinhorn Glacier from the summit of Zell am See ski area in the province of Salzburg, Austria:
zell summit My Pictures.jpg

MadMadWorld

4,133 ft of vert from the top of Whitewall down to the gondola base at Kicking Horse. Revelstoke boasts 5,620 but I don't know where they pull that number from unless they are including Mac Daddy.