• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Longest continuous run skied

SIKSKIER

Revelstoke boasts 5,620 but I don't know where they pull that number from unless they are including Mac Daddy.

Its legit.From the Sutton hotel which is a beginer area at the lowest point to the top of the Stoke chair is 5700 lift served vert.It all shows on Google Earth also if you need to see it.

MadMadWorld

Its legit.From the Sutton hotel which is a beginer area at the lowest point to the top of the Stoke chair is 5700 lift served vert.It all shows on Google Earth also if you need to see it.

I believe it. I skied Revelstoke and KH back to back and it really didn't ski that much bigger.

farlep99

In 2003 a buddy and I joined a friendly guy named Christian at Zell am See-Kaprun for a beautiful day of skiing in Austria. Before we knew it Christian had us climbing over 3300ft/1000m on a string of lifts including the Zeller gondola and an express chairlift to Panorama Pfiff, elevation 6230ft/1900m. After the quick lift rides we began our first real run down the mountain on a mellow looking intermediate trail called The Schutt. It got a little tougher as it went on and by the time we made it to the bottom of the trail at Zell’s neighboring village of Schuttdorf I think I needed to shave again. We had traveled nearly five miles down a vertical drop of 4000ft/1200m, undoubtedly the most thorough “warm-up” run of my life.
View towards the Kitzsteinhorn Glacier from the summit of Zell am See ski area in the province of Salzburg, Austria:

Love that place. That's a great run too.

Longest run I've done is Zermatt Klein Matterhorn--->Valtournenche in Italy. It's 20km long (12.5mi) and groomed. I'd be lying if I said I did it without stopping. I did do the run on tele's though!

kingslug

In 2003 a buddy and I joined a friendly guy named Christian at Zell am See-Kaprun for a beautiful day of skiing in Austria. Before we knew it Christian had us climbing over 3300ft/1000m on a string of lifts including the Zeller gondola and an express chairlift to Panorama Pfiff, elevation 6230ft/1900m. After the quick lift rides we began our first real run down the mountain on a mellow looking intermediate trail called The Schutt. It got a little tougher as it went on and by the time we made it to the bottom of the trail at Zell’s neighboring village of Schuttdorf I think I needed to shave again. We had traveled nearly five miles down a vertical drop of 4000ft/1200m, undoubtedly the most thorough “warm-up” run of my life.
View towards the Kitzsteinhorn Glacier from the summit of Zell am See ski area in the province of Salzburg, Austria:
View attachment 11589

Wow I was at both of those..a million years ago...good Apres...

BeefyBoy50

At Heavenly last year I skied from the top of Sky Express (10,040 as marked) down along ridge run, maggies, and then Roundabout (which is nearly flat for a while) to finish at the California base at 6,565 as marked on the map. So that's almost 3500 vertical and probably 4-5 miles, I have the exact length if I could find it on my Ski Tracks data, but I remember the run took like 15 minutes of fairly quick skiing.
At Big Sky I skied down the Gullies from the Peak tram and then took some way under the Swift Current Express to finish at the base. That's like 3600 feet of vertical but I doubt the length is as long as that Heavenly run.
I also skied Great Eastern at K once, thought it was pretty fun. Every ski day deserves one long, fast run with low steepness but a high average speed.

catskills

4,000 vertical feet. I beat the new Jackson Hole Tram down the mountain in less than 9 minutes.

ceo

I don't know about longest, but Taft Slalom -> Upper Hardscrabble -> Middle Hardscrabble -> Redball without stopping sure felt pretty darned long.

gymnast46

Website
www.suburbansport.com
14 km continuous. Parsenn to Kublis near Davos. I did it in 2007. It's been the site of the Parsenn Derby since 1924.

I don't know the length of the run from the Klein Matterhorn to Cervinia but I did it on an alpine snowboard a few years earlier and my quads were toast by the time I got to the end.

snowngr

Yeah they cheated on that one a bit... Juggernaut is about 6.2 miles. The old Juggernaut Too was about 4 miles. To get the advertised 10.2 mile "run", you ski Juggernaut from K peak down Juggernaut Too to the old Northeast Passage entrance, up the old Sunrise chair, and then down the remainder of Juggernaut past Bear to the gondola base on US-4. 10.2 miles, plus 9000 something feet of world's longest fixed grip chairlift. Since Northeast passage closed an the chair was truncated, they can no longer make that claim.

Truth be told, they can't claim 3050 vertical feet anymore either, although they still do. That vertical was from K peak to the bottom of Northeast Passage. K peak down to the gondola base is about 50 feet shorter.