• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Longest duration "chairlists"

witch hobble

Hornet Double at Tenney, all 6000' of it. Its was 20+ minutes, the West Mt. Double is 1000' longer so it must be 25 minutes or so.

Just in case prospective buyers might be lurking, and put off by more bad word of mouth...... For the record: non stop ride on the Hornet was 13 minutes.......it just felt like 20.

WoodCore

Bluebird @ Mount Snow on a Saturday. 20+ minute line and a 10+(with stop/slows) minute ride
Single @ MRG on a powder day. 40 minute line and 14 minute ride.

drjeff

Summit Local, Mount Snow. 7,700 feet. 20+ minutes.

Technically it was listed as a 17 minute ride - which was pretty accurate IF it didn't stop!! :rolleyes:

The Red and the Black at Magic both approach that 17 minute duration

xwhaler

The Red and the Black at Magic both approach that 17 minute duration

Black feels slower/longer than Red to me even tho it's abt 100' vert less....could just be subjective tho
I actually prefer riding red thru the tree canopy vs black

Will get on both on Saturday!

skiNEwhere

When I was at snow mass, I was on the lift with a local, who had to be in his 70's at least, who was telling me the old single chair at aspen mountain used be a 30 minute ride, if it didn't stop at all!! Wow, I'd imagine that's a longggg ride on a cold day

The Sneak

i don't remember the name but there was a very slow and long chair @ powder mountain

Powder Mtn Utah? Yes, that fixed grip quad at the very bottom. It's slow as hell and at one point crosses that huge gap. Hated that lift.

gmcunni

Powder Mtn Utah? Yes, that fixed grip quad at the very bottom. It's slow as hell and at one point crosses that huge gap. Hated that lift.
that's the one. i looked it up, paradise lift. i can't find the running time tho. 5500 feet long.

Domeskier

I've had a chairlist ongoing for about 5 years now. Apparently an aeron chair makes a home look to "officey."

Newpylong

K skyeship is pretty long if you take it from the bottom.

It's 3 stage predecessor was even longer, I don't remember the exact time though

25 minutes from Route 4 to K peak.
Northeast Passage was 17 minutes

Now these were real trailmaps: http://skimap.org/data/211/1/1281826684.jpg

Lift length and ride times. Trail length, snowmaking details, etc.

Brad J

Attitash summit lift 17 min of creeping , they slowed it down this year for "safety " reasons AKA save electricity

skiNEwhere

Attitash summit lift 17 min of creeping , they slowed it down this year for "safety " reasons AKA save electricity

I skied ascutney after they installed the HSQ quad to the summit, and there were only 2 options down, a blue and a double black. That single blue was a sheet of ice before noon, seeing as attitash has a similar setup, I would imagine the same thing would happen there. That might be part of their reluctant as well, regardless of what they publicly say (or don't say)

skiNEwhere

12 minutes maybe? I think I was only 11 or 12 when it was removed so I don't totally remember