• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Marc hits 5K!

BeanoNYC

primarily the over-strengthening of Federal authority and diminuation of State's Rights.

My how things have changed in 150 years. Wonder what the Southern leaders up until the 1960's would think of the Patriot and Protect America acts now? (Trying to be academic here, not political. Lets keep it that way, folks.)

wa-loaf

Sherman was a little out of line, too.

I know some dudes that were driving through Georgia and got pulled over for speeding by a local sheriff. He started to give them a lecture "nobody goes through my county at 80 mph . . . ". Possibly intoxicated guy in the back leans over and says "Sherman did".

That bought them a night in the county jail. :-D

ctenidae

My how things have changed in 150 years. Wonder what the Southern leaders up until the 1960's would think of the Patriot and Protect America acts now? (Trying to be academic here, not political. Lets keep it that way, folks.)

They'd probably be unlimbering the guns in South Carolina again.

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
It's not so much the Recent Unpleasantness that annoys us. It's more the Reconstruction that occured afterward- just about everything the Confederacy was against happened- primarily the over-strengthening of Federal authority and diminuation of State's Rights.

Sherman was a little out of line, too.

Which is clear justification to make mention of it to the nervous guy from Dudley at his best friend's wedding.

ctenidae

Which is clear justification to make mention of it to the nervous guy from Dudley at his best friend's wedding.

That was just for fun. A little game we call "Make 'em sweat."

As if the heat and humidity weren't sufficient.

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
That was just for fun. A little game we call "Make 'em sweat."

As if the heat and humidity weren't sufficient.

Thank God I had a loud mouthed Irish kid from Dorchester there as one of the groomsmen for backup.

Make 'em sweat I believe is a game barely distinguishable from the one called "be a huge penis to everyone from North of the Mason Dixon line" that so many Southerners play.

ctenidae

Make 'em sweat I believe is a game barely distinguishable from the one called "be a huge penis to everyone from North of the Mason Dixon line" that so many Southerners play.

Very similar to "Be a condescending douchebag to anyone from south of the Mason Dixon Line" that is popular with Yankees.

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Very similar to "Be a condescending douchebag to anyone from south of the Mason Dixon Line" that is popular with Yankees.

Thank Gawd I'm a Sox fan, though that does sound like a game I'd enjoy.

This guy brought up politics almost immediately down there with the guy from Dot... and fortunately he was great at hilariously diffusing the situation-

Big Penis Dad "So you're original from Boston and now live in California?"
Irish kid from Dot, who now works on an Army contract project for Boeing "Yup"
Big Penis Dad "You must be a big time Liberal"
Irish kid "Well, I was gonna wear my Che Guevara shirt, but I left it at home under my hammer and sickle"

Everyone lol's. Including the bride. Not the bride's dad though.

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Hahaha, if he was a farmer from Dot the only thing he'd have grown is the happy grass...

Oddly enough he's an industrial engineer, and a very bright one.