• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Most overrated ski trails

Greg

Staff member
Since you bumped it Greg I'm going to give you a shot. Jericho at Jiminy Peak is way overrated. It's not technical at all, it's sort of steep for awhile, flattens out, steep again, flattens out, repeat one more time. Just another Jiminy Peak down the middle bowling alley.

Not a shot at all. Jericho is totally overrated as a double black. If they left it ungroomed once and a while, maybe. I actually like the run though - if there is natural snow, skier's right (beyond the snowmaking coverage) can have some pretty good lines and decent natural snow. The coverage in this pic is pretty thin, but that whole looker's left side where the groomer rarely goes can have some great snow:

Dsc05644.jpg

See those tracks just beyond the groomer lip at the bottom? Those are most likely mine... :)

Big Game

Lower Middlefield is the most overrated.

Upper Middlefield is the most under rated

Middle Middlefield is just about right.

sledhaulingmedic

Not a shot at all. Jericho is totally overrated as a double black. If they left it ungroomed once and a while, maybe. I actually like the run though - if there is natural snow, skier's right (beyond the snowmaking coverage) can have some pretty good lines and decent natural snow. The coverage in this pic is pretty thin, but that whole looker's left side where the groomer rarely goes can have some great snow:

Dsc05644.jpg

See those tracks just beyond the groomer lip at the bottom? Those are most likely mine... :)

The last time I skied Jerrcho, it was a glade!

I'll go out on a limb and say that it's now over rated!

JD

Website
hotmail.com
The first pitch on National is pretty gnar most of the time because of it's exposure to the wind coming out of the notch. It is ALWATS A SHEET OF ICE. I totally agree though, they are both pretty boring trails unless they are coverded in pow. Then the left side of both are ussually great. That is a great pitch to ski on Mansfield.