• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

my job today

tjf67

Got in the shack and was informed my job is to ski the bumps into wilderness. My job sucks. All roped off seeded bumps for the worldcuppers kickers included. I attribute it to good karma

Greg

Staff member
Awesome! Have fun. :beer:

campgottagopee

Got in the shack and was informed my job is to ski the bumps into wilderness. My job sucks. All roped off seeded bumps for the worldcuppers kickers included. I attribute it to good karma

Over paid and under worked---you must be in management!!!

dmc

My Job....oh wait...just lost my Job....I love the new schedual, but the pay kinda sucks...

Me too... :) It's been a great couple of months though... Unemplyment and riding..

JD

Website
hotmail.com
C'est la vie. Fixed the leaking hot water pipe to the washer, built the kitchen island, shoveld both roofs, planed the nursery doors down and got them closing, next I have to rehang all the trim, sand some skim coat, do some skim coating, paint alot of walls, and finish paint the Birch Motif in the nursery....wish I was skiing....even bump skiing for pay...

Warp Daddy

My Job....oh wait...just lost my Job....I love the new schedual, but the pay kinda sucks...

JD : Keep your head up young gun -- you 've got talent and if you bring half the zest to what you do for coin that you do for your skiing----------------- things will brighten.

I know how tough it is out there now , much more difficult than when i was working . Yes we had rifs and downsizing but nothing like now -----------------Believe in yourself , i 'm pulling for you !!

BigJay

That sucks! Hope you get back on track quickly! But then again, you won't be getting much sleep soon...

JD

Website
hotmail.com
Yea...losing your job when you wife is 8.1 months prego is not all that liberating a feeling.....thanks for the kind words. We'll see what shakes out.

bvibert

Staff member
Yea...losing your job when you wife is 8.1 months prego is not all that liberating a feeling.....thanks for the kind words. We'll see what shakes out.

Sorry to hear about the loss of the job, but congrats on the expected bundle of joy!

2knees

that sucks.

but congrats on the soon to be addition to the family.

you should open up a backcountry touring enterprise. you'd probably clean up doing that, although your friends may not be too happy with you bringing the masses out to all those sick lines you know.

BigJay

I'm sure everything will come back together... just like the ski season... Plus, it will get way better for you!

JD

Website
hotmail.com
that sucks.

but congrats on the soon to be addition to the family.

you should open up a backcountry touring enterprise. you'd probably clean up doing that, although your friends may not be too happy with you bringing the masses out to all those sick lines you know.

Why, you interested in a tour?
It's funny. people pay 400 bucks a day to ski around sugarbush with John Egan. 250 a day for some sweet BC with an extremely high end catered breakfast and lunch, transport included seems like a deal to me. 2 person minimum. No GPS please.
:)

Last edited:

2knees

Why, you interested in a tour?
It's funny. people pay 400 bucks a day to ski around sugarbush with John Egan. 250 a day for some sweet BC with an extremely high end catered breakfast and lunch, transport included seems like a deal to me. 2 person minimum. No GPS please.
:)

yes, actually, i am.

my skills, however, would be a problem plus the fact that there aren't seeded bumps in the backcountry......:razz:

tjf67

Hey thanks. How was the bump skiing anyway? (sorry for the hijack)

Sorry about the job man. Things have a way of working out keep moving.

Bumps on wilderness are getting there. I skied them between 10 to 15 times sat. There is a low quality vid on NS chat. Met a guy from Conn on the lift and brought him in. He is the guy on the left of me. Pretty good. Was done after one run. Never fell out of a line. They were getting pissed at the people that did. The trail next to it Mack had super big natural bumps. I can say with a lot of confidence seeded bumps are way easier than natural bumps.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com

Hey good luck with the babe, you do have that to look forward to. We've got a new generation of boarders and skiers coming up to fund our skiing in retirement!; St. Bear is right behind you in April (not sure if he or his wife is pregnant ;) !!