• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

N.VT BC - 2010 season

BigJay

Here's a bunch of pics we took on our many outtings in N. VT

P1010618.jpg

P1010648.jpg

P1010638.jpg

P1010650.jpg

P1010655.jpg

P1010661.jpg

B)

BigJay

Is that a prior kyber?

Art and Bobbey have a Khyber... Art has the new version with rockered camber.
I have a Voile Mojo 171... for now... by the end of this season, i'll either have a Venture Euphoria or Prior Khyber with rocker as well...

Euphoria: http://venturesnowboards.com/index.php?inc=euphoria.html
Khyber: http://www.priorsnowboards.com/boards_khyber_splitboard.php

I've only had the Mojo for a year now... but i just don't like that board for my style of riding.

TheBEast

One of those pics (if not all) is from the Big Jay side of Jay Peak, no? We've been drooling over it for some time but don't seem to hit it right when we're up there (usually only can make 1 trip a year). One of my concerns with doing it is "finding our way out to the road" in a reasonable amount of time. Ideally we'd do it with someone who knew the way, but not sure if that'll line up.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Nice skin and split stoke! Thinking about heading that way (or there abouts if not that specific area) this weekend (also thinking about western/central NH BC as well).

One of my concerns with doing it is "finding our way out to the road" in a reasonable amount of time. Ideally we'd do it with someone who knew the way, but not sure if that'll line up.
A fairly reasonable concern. My first time out there was with someone who had skied it once before and we went too low and missed the service road out. I will admit to being a bit of a whiner while traversing high and perhaps influencing a bad call. :lol: You can still twack your way out to the road, though. Well, given you are heading in the right direction.....

BigJay

Nice skin and split stoke! Thinking about heading that way (or there abouts if not that specific area) this weekend (also thinking about western/central NH BC as well).

Not like i want to keep you away from the Jay area... but the place has been beaten to death last weekend. Big Jay's main lines were skied a lot so there will be very little pow left. This weekend, we'll be in discovery mode. We're on the hunt! There's a couple of spot i need to checkout.

kingdom-tele

Pretty amazing how white things were last weekend, all the whips had snow around them, seemed like at some points in the ski out you were standing ina wall of white.

Nice Pics

BigJay

Pretty amazing how white things were last weekend, all the whips had snow around them, seemed like at some points in the ski out you were standing ina wall of white.

Nice Pics

Yeah, we went for a big one on sunday (no pics)... that place is far and fairly open. When we got to it, you couldn't see to far... the view was blocked from all the snow... You had to negotiate the open trees with care... even down in the valley, the trees were really thick.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Not like i want to keep you away from the Jay area... but the place has been beaten to death last weekend. Big Jay's main lines were skied a lot so there will be very little pow left. This weekend, we'll be in discovery mode. We're on the hunt! There's a couple of spot i need to checkout.
Appreciate the beta! First preference is NH BC but if I get up to NoVT, I will be in discovery mode as well.

:beer:

from_the_NEK

Website
fineartamerica.com
A fairly reasonable concern. My first time out there was with someone who had skied it once before and we went too low and missed the service road out. I will admit to being a bit of a whiner while traversing high and perhaps influencing a bad call. :lol: You can still twack your way out to the road, though. Well, given you are heading in the right direction.....

Ooops! My bad :oops: That was quite a whip fight on the way out.