• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

N'East Mag

eatskisleep

I signed up and I hope I get mine soon. (Thanks for the freebies here) Also anyone recieved their Skiing Magazine for November yet? I already got a SKi but no Skiing issue yet...

Greg

Staff member
Just heard back from Jim at N'east. He says mostly likely this week.

skibum1321

Got mine last night. I wasn't too impressed by it - Didn't find any articles that really captured my attention other than the avalanche one.

The pic on the last page was pretty sweet too.

Tin Woodsman

Speaking of which, I pickled up a copy of Snow East recently at a recpetion I attended. What a load of garbage. All the adverts are from ski areas, so the mag just shamelessly shills for those areas. Might as well have been copy straight from the marketing departments. Just horrible.

ctenidae

Yeah, I grabbed a couple of the Snow East ones, too. Crap, really. I figured there'd be some coupons in it, but I don't think I found any.

hammer

I got mine a few days ago.

Saw some decent pictures, but I'm still not sure overall. I can't complain, however, about a free magazine...

skibum1321

Tin Woodsman said:
Speaking of which, I pickled up a copy of Snow East recently at a recpetion I attended. What a load of garbage. All the adverts are from ski areas, so the mag just shamelessly shills for those areas. Might as well have been copy straight from the marketing departments. Just horrible.
I was thinking the same thing when I read it. Maybe we can get the Meatheads to start an Eastern Mag too...

ga2ski

I like the article about buildering. I had a few run-ins with the UNH and Durham cops. Amazing enough they were mostly rollerbaling related.

One saturday night the cops came and chased up off the basketball courts for playing roller hockey. My last words were see you when you bust the parties. And heck we saw the same cops later that night.

I also almost got arrested by the cops at 2AM for making salomon turns down the road at 2Am after dropping my car off. Boy were the cops bored that night.

Anyway, nice pictures in the mag.

bvibert

Staff member
I got mine yesterday. I've only had time to thumb thtough part of it though. The avalanche article looks good!