• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Newest Piece of Ski Technology

RossiSkier

skidbump said:
God, i thought you were asking for a list of good rhythm song to ski by

how bout almost any pink floyd to criuse the blues
and i think i whistle "wish i was a rich man"
oh god thats a show tune

Pink Floyd from the Animals album. Trying to think of the song. Great cruising tune.

dmc

RossiSkier said:
skidbump said:
God, i thought you were asking for a list of good rhythm song to ski by

how bout almost any pink floyd to criuse the blues
and i think i whistle "wish i was a rich man"
oh god thats a show tune

Pink Floyd from the Animals album. Trying to think of the song. Great cruising tune.

Sheep?

subdude

RossiSkier said:
Although they have been around for years, they have only now started to become affordable. They are now an essential piece of ski gear. I'm talking about the MP3 PLAYER.

Speaking of MP3 players I see Oakley has a pair of sunglasses that have a built in MP3 player with the headphone attached to the arm of the glasses that fit right over your ear. They're expensive like $495 but cool.

ALLSKIING

Staff member
Some people can ride and ski with An mp3, some people can't. Some people can drive well with cell phones some can't. I think it depends on the person.

dmc

ALLSKIING said:
Some people can ride and ski with An mp3, some people can't. Some people can drive well with cell phones some can't. I think it depends on the person.

WELL SAID!!!!

ctenidae

Bob R- don't feel bad- I still have vinyl prefer to CD's, and I still bemoan the death of my 8-track player.
It's tough to carry a turntable on the slopes, though. Well, not so much tough to carry, but flipping the disks isn't easy.

skidon

Don't do music while skiing myself - too much of a distraction. But, here are a few I use to blow out the speakers on my Jeep while on the access road:

"Danger Zone"(Theme from Top Gun)
White Wedding - Billy Idol
Welcome to the Jungle - Guns 'n Hosers
Tunnel of Love - Dire Straits
Steam - Peter Gabriel

There's many, many more....

RossiSkier

Skidon, you are the man on the thread plan. I also had most of those songs on my flash disc. It's funny thinking about you blasting the access roads out on your way to the slope. Cows turning their heads.

BrockVond

RossiSkier said:
Although they have been around for years, they have only now started to become affordable. They are now an essential piece of ski gear. I'm talking about the MP3 PLAYER.

I would like some assistance from the group on what are their TOP 5 SKI SONGS. Please no rap, hip-hop or disco.

Anything by Stevie Wonder cuz I wear a blindfold on the slopes in addition to an MP3 player. Oh, and I stick altoids up my nostrils just in case I smell a snowboarder approaching. Only senses I have remaining are touch , renamed to DEADLY IMPACT in my case, and taste, which lets me taste my own blood after the aforementioned DEADLY IMPACT.

8)

BrockVond

ALLSKIING said:
Some people can drive well with cell phones some can't. I think it depends on the person.

"well" ?

Perhaps you'd like to reach and say that some people drive "better" when using a cell phone? Didn't think so.

Let's be serious. There are varying levels of impairment caused by talking on a phone when driving. But across the board it impairs driving to some degree.

Perhaps a low level of impairment is acceptable to you. Not to me.jmho

dmc

wow.... You sure are a surly MF'r....

Have you posted anything that wasnt some sort of rebuttle today?

ALLSKIING

Staff member
BrockVond said:
ALLSKIING said:
Some people can drive well with cell phones some can't. I think it depends on the person.

"well" ?

Perhaps you'd like to reach and say that some people drive "better" when using a cell phone? Didn't think so.

Let's be serious. There are varying levels of impairment caused by talking on a phone when driving. But across the board it impairs driving to some degree.

Do you listen to the radio when you drive? Yeah thought so. :roll: I could go on and on.

dmc

ALLSKIING said:
BrockVond said:
ALLSKIING said:

"well" ?

Do you listen to the radio when you drive? Yeah thought so. :roll: I could go on and on.

I talk on the cell - eat Taco Bell - fuss with the radio and scratch my ass..
All while driving...

skidon

The "Born" set - start music 2 miles from the Ski Area parking lot - max volume only:

Born on the Bayou - Creedence
Born to Be Wild - Steppenwolf
Born to Run - Springsteen

No need to stop skiing for lunch