• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Newest Piece of Ski Technology

dmc

skidon said:
The "Born" set - start music 2 miles from the Ski Area parking lot - max volume only:

Born on the Bayou - Creedence
Born to Be Wild - Steppenwolf
Born to Run - Springsteen

No need to stop skiing for lunch

Born under A Bad Sign

BrockVond

ALLSKIING said:
Do you listen to the radio when you drive? Yeah thought so. :roll: I could go on and on.

No, I do not listen to the radio or a CD player while I drive, and for that exact reason. Might be extreme, but that's my choice. For most people it's an acceptable level of risk. For me, it's not. Plus, I just prefer quiet when driving.

BrockVond

RossiSkier said:
Man, you guys sure can ruin a thread

hehe. Sorry. I do listen to tunes on the lift. If i had to name top 3 it would be:

1) Radiohead: live version of idioteque I recorded a few years ago at concert in nyc

2) Dave Matthews- various songs from my West Point bootleg.

3) The Clash -Clampdown.

ftrain

Website
www.core6.com
You guys are funny. As for this thread I enjoy the song "Drama makes the world go around"

I started to listen to music this year after I got the mini IPod for christmas. I am using a headphone that mixes the music and outside sounds perfectly (there is a mic on the otuside of the head phone). I listen to it real low and carry on a normal converstation up the chair lift and on the slopes.

One song I was enjoying on my MP3 player was "let the bodies hit the floor", by drowing pool. While listening to it I got too pumped in the mogule field I went off a the top of a mogal and did not get around quick enough and slamming into the ground. First thing I did was move my hand to the mp3 player to skip to the next song while still in pain.

My ski play list
ATWA
Living it up
Awake
BOB
Break stuff
Chop Suey
Down with the sickness
Fear
Stupidfy
Got the life
Jeremy
Let the bodies hit the floor
Nothing Else Matters
Move Bitch (crowded slopes my favorite song)
Youth of a Nation
Renegades
Stupidfy
The memory remains
Eulogy
Stinkfest
Aenima
Toxcity
Voodo
Welcome to the Jungle
WAR

dmc

BrockVond said:
ALLSKIING said:
Do you listen to the radio when you drive? Yeah thought so. :roll: I could go on and on.

No, I do not listen to the radio or a CD player while I drive, and for that exact reason. Might be extreme, but that's my choice. For most people it's an acceptable level of risk. For me, it's not. Plus, I just prefer quiet when driving.

Wow... Choice... I guess a good choice - as long as you agree with it...

I can actually pay attention to the road AND listen to music or sports....
But I'm funny like that... YOu know - I can chew gum AND walk at the same time as well... ;)

BrockVond

BrockVond said:
ALLSKIING said:

btw,Key phrase was "acceptable level of risk." Gum chewing certainly does not enhance the ability to walk, and certainly does not enhance reading comprehension, as we've seen demonstrated. Listening to music/talk in the car or on the slopes is a distraction. It's just a matter of how much that distraction functions as an impairment. Might be acceptable for some people, but not for me.

ctenidae

14) Listening to music or talk radio in the car may or may not be a distraction, and may or may not represent an acceptable level of risk, depending on each individual's proclivities and talents.

15) It is true what they say about arguing on the internet...

16) This board tends to mess up html tags in the "Quick Reply" box.

dmc

BrockVond said:
Listening to music/talk in the car or on the slopes is a distraction. It's just a matter of how much that distraction functions as an impairment. Might be acceptable for some people, but not for me.

Stormchaser... cool.... I love that stuff...

Maybe it's because I'm a working musician and am used to playing drums while singing and thinking about the next song to play or who's gong to get my next beer......
But I really don't get too distracted by backgorund music... I listen to music and watch the road..

It's like a soundtrack... What would a ski movie be without music...

Also - drumming, skiiing/snowboarding and driving are all like second nature stuff... I don't even have to think... But I can still react when I need to - even with music playing......

I think what happens is music becomes ambient - and it's not in the forefront of my conscienceness... Snowboarding is... Or not - sometimes I think about stuff when I'm on the hill...

Being on a mountain is a very zen experience for me.. I really get into it.. I come back from 5 days at Tuckermans tired as hell but my mind is sharp...

sorry rambling...