• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Northeast Ski/Board Clubs

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
We've done a great job this year dredging up deals from resorts. One overlooked area that we need to expose are Ski Clubs. Organized by members for members, their buying power exerts to deliver very significant ticket, merchandise and other discounts.

Do you know of a a ski club that offers good/great/fantastic deals? I do. Let's hear about them.

I belong to Ace Ski and Board Club. This club is associated the the EICSL club council, which offers even more discounts. Coming up are ski club appreciation days at Whiteface, Stowe and Okemo, at deep discounts. It doesn't have a ski house, but it offers average discounts of 40-50% over the walk up rates. Some tickets go for as little as $5 late season. Can you find a Stowe ticket for $38? I just rewrote the website for the club, so I allege to know a lot about the offerings and happy to answer questions. You don't even have to come to the meetings to inure yourself of the benefits. Pretty heavy discounts for the $20 annual membership. One ticket pays for membership and still saves you.

wa-loaf

I'm definitely thinking about joining a club next year. I was planning on the Worcester Club (Reefer's a member) since they have a house in S.VT. $10 tickets for Magic are pretty sweet though. I'll be thinking it over this summer.

Most of the clubs around here are mostly older skiers/riders in their 40s and 50s..but one day when I ski in South America or Europe..it would be good to go with a ski club..to make all the logistics less confusing. In Jackson Hole..more than half of the people staying at the 49er inn were either from a big Minnesota ski club...or a Singles group. I personally prefer to travel alone..It would be cool to get discounts on passes at Stowe.

Anybody know of any ski clubs with lots of hot single 20 something women???

MRGisevil

I belong to the AE ski club (part of the connecticut ski council). $25 to join for the year, and every weekend (and some mid weeks too) there is a different discount mountain. Bolton Valley for $9 on the 25th, Stowe for 38 on the 3rd. etc., etc. No meetings to attend either so that's a nice bonus.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Unless someone is a pass holder and devotes the majority of their time to a particular mountain or they're independently wealthy, it seems foolish NOT to join a club such as Ace. I can't wait to take advantage of some of the savings next season by becoming a member. Even if you sign up and purchase just one ticket or go to a club appreciation weekend, it pays for itself. Complete no brainer in my eyes.

BeanoNYC

Dittos all around.

I'm definitely thinking about joining a club next year. I was planning on the Worcester Club (Reefer's a member) since they have a house in S.VT. $10 tickets for Magic are pretty sweet though. I'll be thinking it over this summer.

Ditto. I've been thinking about that one for a while.

Unless someone is a pass holder and devotes the majority of their time to a particular mountain or they're independently wealthy, it seems foolish NOT to join a club such as Ace. I can't wait to take advantage of some of the savings next season by becoming a member. Even if you sign up and purchase just one ticket or go to a club appreciation weekend, it pays for itself. Complete no brainer in my eyes.

Ditto. I'm joining today.

Beetlenut

Why couldn't this AZ forum function as a ski club? At least for the purposes of ski ticket discounts. They already have AZ days at different mountains. Seems like a logical next step.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
I bought about $442 worth of tickets through ACE this year. Sounds like a lot? So far, I've skied 9 separate resorts(stowe, bush, bolton, magic, pats, loon, wildcat, mt. snow, jay and on and on) over 10 days, paid full price only once, and I'm now fretting that I won't be able to use all 12 remaining tickets (I'll offer them up once I'm sure I'm not going). Do the math. I'm averaging 20 bucks per ticket. I have even used Liftopia to scarf up tix for my buds, and several other programs. I started small, but now I'm addicted.

For my family, 5 for Bolton @$20 each = $100 which is pretty close to one full price ticket at Stowe! Now you know why when I take my family of 5, I stay with friends in Stowe and ski at Bolton!)
Last year, nobody from the club took the Bolton tix, I got 5 for $50. No brainer.

I buy extras for ski buds who I day trip with or who's house I crash at (pretty cheap thank-you!). The first five years I belonged to the club I only went to the ticket pickup meeting. If that's impractical, they will mail them to you.

As Win says, "if they say there are no deals, they ain't looking hard enough!)

Last edited:

Greg

Staff member
Why couldn't this AZ forum function as a ski club? At least for the purposes of ski ticket discounts. They already have AZ days at different mountains. Seems like a logical next step.

It's been discussed. The verdict was why invent the wheel? There are plenty of ski clubs out there already and the time and money needed to pull it off was counterproductive.

MRGisevil

Well no, just asking why, that's all. Is that the only option?

I don't remember the specifics, but I believe Greg said there was a pretty big initial investment to getting a ski club up and running. The only way we could function as a club would be if someone were willing to take on the responsibility of fundraising and all that comes along with it.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I personally prefer to travel alone..It would be cool to get discounts on passes at Stowe.

from Ace:

STOWE

2007-2008 SKI CLUB/ SKI COUNCIL APPRECIATION DAYS!!!

December 1-3, 2007; January 14-16, 2008; March 19-23, 2008

Adult Lift Tickets (13-64yrs old)
1-day=$38
2-day=$64
3-day=$90
4-day=$118
5-day=$137

$90 for a three day lift ticket to Stowe is unbelievable, especially considering you don't have to pony up the dough in August. This alone gets my $28 to join. just printed the form, check will be in the mail tomorrow.

madskier6

from Ace:

STOWE

1-day=$38
2-day=$64
3-day=$90
4-day=$118
5-day=$137

$90 for a three day lift ticket to Stowe is unbelievable, especially considering you don't have to pony up the dough in August. This alone gets my $28 to join. just printed the form, check will be in the mail tomorrow.

We get those same rates at Stowe from the CT Ski Council. I'm taking advantage of those rates at Stowe over Easter weekend this year. A 2-day ticket to Stowe for $64? Unbeatable.

from Ace:

STOWE

1-day=$38
2-day=$64
3-day=$90
4-day=$118
5-day=$137

Thanks for the info..excellent deal..especially considering that Stowe isn't one of the ski areas that has discounts at Grocery Stores and gas stations..

Greg

Staff member
Let's sticky this one for a while...