• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ok enough sun bring on the winter who is with me?

Glenn

Bleh, you guys are crazy. Firewood is winter work. No leaves, frozen wood, easy to split, no bugs. Cut in one winter, season it a year (or two.. or three) and burn as needed.

I'm ready to be done with the summer heat, but I don't want to skip over harvest season, Oktoberfest, or Thanksgiving. We're rapidly approaching my favorite time of year :D

We didn't have the place in VT last winter. So I gotta play catch up while I can. I've got about 2 cords up there now...maybe a little more. Half of that was what the previous owners left behind. I split and stacked all that in the spring and then had a cord delivered from a neighbor. What I have in CT is all "scrounged" from craigslist. We're kicking around the idea of getting a small Jotul Nordic to stuff in our fireplace.

Geoff

The cold front came through Vermont last night. It's now completely comfortable out. 70F, low humidity, a little bit of a breeze, not a cloud in the sky. I'll take a couple o' months of this, pleezzze.

campgottagopee

in due time -- want to live my life now,. not wish it away It'll get here when its supposed to until then chill out relax and enjoy lifein EVERY season

+++++ Put me in coach

Winter and all that comes along with it will be here soon enough (bowling starts in 3 weeks), but for now I'm enjoying summer like weather and soon the best time of year for golf will be upon us. I love fall golf!!!!

dmc

don't wish your life away... Winter will be here soon... enjoy the rest of the season...

tarponhead

You guys really got to take up flyfishing.....(both sports have the same mindset, 'cept flyfishing doesn't have the fear/injury factor....unless your wading by sharks :-o )

That said, I think about skiing every friggin day, XXX times/day.......

Thanks, I love living there more than anywhere else I've lived.

you'd probably like my apartment complex..I have a balconey..:daffy:anyway one day when you sell the homestead..you'll be a millionaire..they can probably put up a really nice Subdivision..:-o

Greg

Staff member
in due time -- want to live my life now,. not wish it away It'll get here when its supposed to until then chill out relax and enjoy lifein EVERY season

Awesome perspective and very apropos given your situation this summer! :beer:

It was only a few years ago that I was constantly wishing the summers away in anticipation of the next ski season. This would usually start around June. Now it's all about the mountain bike until winter gets here. I've also been playing guitar consistently all summer and I'm having a blast jamming with neighbor buddies. Looking to try to gig in a few bars in the fall. The kids have been having fun this summer too and it's nice to sit back with a beer in hand and watch that.

So, yeah, looking forward to ski season, but it's not consuming me anymore. Not even close.

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Let us know, Greg, if you need people to come heckle you. I've already got this worked out with Paul. He's Waldorf, I'm Statler. We work cheap. Free drinks mostly.

Warp Daddy

Awesome perspective and very apropos given your situation this summer! :beer:

It was only a few years ago that I was constantly wishing the summers away in anticipation of the next ski season. This would usually start around June. Now it's all about the mountain bike until winter gets here. I've also been playing guitar consistently all summer and I'm having a blast jamming with neighbor buddies. Looking to try to gig in a few bars in the fall. The kids have been having fun this summer too and it's nice to sit back with a beer in hand and watch that.

So, yeah, looking forward to ski season, but it's not consuming me anymore. Not even close.

Great perspective here -----------------a well rounded life with MULTIPLE interests keeps you balanced and not obsessing about ANYTHING . Greg the bike and the AXE are two of my favs too along with golf and working out ---- so it keeps you happy

Just when you start to get a liitte bored with whatever sport is in season --it's time to recharger the battery and get busy with the sport that is just starting its season -------this is a nice way to transition, And playing guitar well that just KEWL on a WHOLE NOTHER LEVEL :D

I don't want to be balanced..I want to spend my life obsessing about skiing..anyway I really want some bong hits..

No-------------it's French

OK I looked it up and it said to Each it's own..mad steezy yo!!!!

I'm hoping for some nice Volcanic eruptions that send so much dust into the atmosphere that most of the suns rays are blocked...then we will have an Endless Winter!!!!