• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Okemo 11/25

reefer

Headed up Route 100 from Mt. Snow with my buddy "junior ski bum" to hit Okemo for my annual Thanksgiving Sunday fix. Had breakfast at Dots in West Dover, was out of there by 7:00. Got to Okemo by 8:00. Beautiful Day. Turned in our food for a $25.00 lift ticket at Okemo's food drive! Plenty of terrain open (all groomed to crap of course) on three faces, and plenty of chairs to spread people out. Took main lift to summit and headed to the South Face in the sun. Rim Rock and Blind Faith were open. Could tell Blind Faith would soften up in the sun as the day wore. Worked our way across the hill taking several runs, ending up at Solitude. Was getting plenty of vertical in and only 10:30! Headed back to Blind Faith. Was loosening up nicely. Lapped it a few times. worked our way back across the hill to Solitude again. Still very solid snow except for some nice stuff pushed to the edges here and there. Went back to Blind Faith about noon, decided not to stop for lunch. Eureka! Bumps forming and great snow. Lapped it about six more times and called it a day about 2:00. All in all a pretty good weekend!
First two picks are Blind Faith - afternoon. Took last one just to show the golf course with Ascutney in the background. Probably could have went golf nine today!

Last edited:

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Hey, I was there yesterday too for the $25 ticket. We skied Blind Faith after lunch basically until last chair. Got in just over 30k vert.

MrMagic

i was there too! blind faith had some decent bumps by late afternoon, surprised to see the mtn not packed! for after turkey day weekend

reefer

Thanks for the report. I must have been at dots the same time as you.

Come on...... we sat at the bar from 6:30 -7:00. Were you alone? Saw a group come in but didn't take much notice. Not the Dots in Wilmington....right? We were in West Dover near the mountain., I guess it's "Dots too"..............

BeanoNYC

Come on...... we sat at the bar from 6:30 -7:00. Were you alone? Saw a group come in but didn't take much notice. Not the Dots in Wilmington....right? We were in West Dover near the mountain., I guess it's "Dots too"..............

West Dover (Same lot as the bank)...we took a table next to the bar, because there wasn't three seats in a row at the bar. Three guys, one real tall. Betsy was cooking.

Mark_151

I was there too. My first tijme at Okemo -- only a 2 hour drive from Leominster. I can tell I'm going to take advantage of my Wachusett Century Pass there this season for 50% off mid-week. Nice mountain -- kind of a giant Wa Wa.

reefer

West Dover (Same lot as the bank)...we took a table next to the bar, because there wasn't three seats in a row at the bar. Three guys, one real tall. Betsy was cooking.

Yep, saw you guys come in, but like I said didn't pay much attention. We left soon after. We were staright on with the TV. Gotta love that cougar!!!!!!!!

I was also there yesterday and I knew there would be some AZers in the house..especially based on lift conversations which were heavily industry based..nice pictures reefer..

Mildcat

Thanks for the tr Reefer. I was there too and your report is dead on.

It seems there were a lot of AZers there. Too bad there's no way of telling who's who.

Greg

Staff member
The T&E forum works surprisingly well. If you're heading out and would like to meet up with other AZers, just propose a gathering. Anyone can do so. Work out the details (meeting spot, time, what you look like/are wearing) in the thread. Pretty simple.