• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Pico or Bromley - Weekend Crowds?

skizoo

It's been years since I've skied Pico and am wondering what the crowds are like on a weekend? I know Bromley is rarely crowded on weekends, but no idea what Pico is like these days..

Also, do they (Pico) groom everything flat or leave a good mix of groomed/non groomed?

Brn4353

Go to Pico! When we had the ASC pass, we would try Kmart, but the crowds would be horrible, so we drove down the street. Go over to Pico...park in the first lot...longest wait I ever had was about 3 minutes. I seem to recall them not touching the trails around the yellow double chair (? outpost double). Not sure if things have changed w/ new owners though.

Have fun!

ozzy

i agree, bromley is busier than pico

when it's good, upper pike, upper sunset, summit glades, A-slope, pipeline, wrangler, sidewinder and a couple cats widths of bronco are usually left ungromed. sometimes birch glades and upper giant killer goes ungrommed, but not always. everything else is rolled out. in short, there is much more groomed than not. have fun though both are great. bromley is nice on the coldest days. Pico iskis colder than the temperature reads. The summit chair can be challenging for sure

gmcunni

Been lucky enough to catch Pico a few times with fresh snow. The place was a lot of fun and empty. I'd go back there again in a heartbeat. Summit Glade is a great trail.

danny p

+1 on Summit Glades...one of my favs...I can't wait to get to Pico this season. Nice vid.

Geoff

Been to both places the day after Christmas. Without a doubt, Pico is the correct choice.

It really depends on what you are looking for. Bromley is a superb intermediate area. It's a great choice in January since it sits in the sun. Pico isn't the greatest for novice & low intermediate from the top.

Big Game

It really depends on what you are looking for. Bromley is a superb intermediate area. It's a great choice in January since it sits in the sun. Pico isn't the greatest for novice & low intermediate from the top.

Two good points of which both I agree.

Geoff

And to argue the other side....

Bromley can be icy because it sits baking in the sun. It's a total snooze if you are looking for advanced terrain.

Pico is in the 250" natural snowfall belt. When conditions are good, it offers some superb advanced terrain.

Pico gets very little traffic. Even better, it's closed on Tuesdays & Wednesdays so the surface doesn't get as beat up midweek. When it's operating, the Outpost double is a real gem. It's a really short lift but has very fun terrain under the chair and 1 over on Sidewinder. When it's not operating, it's not much of an effort to skate/walk up to it using the lower mountain high speed quad. As others pointed out, the Summit Glades are really nice. The Birch Glades are also a pleasant introduction to easy glade skiing.

freezorburn

Go to Majic. :daffy:

Pico Would have less people but both are good choices. Any kinda high winds will Close the detachable Chair at Bromley.

Pico and Bromely's tree skiing are both fantastic. Bromely's has the best begginger tree runs around. Pico has some ski Gnarly stuff!