• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Powder Ridge

Snowlover

NOT the state of CT holding up their lifts (PR is better at blowing smoke than snow), t

Yeah well that was obvious. Anyone could see through that lie. Hopefully the guy sells the place to someone who's actually a skier/snowboarder and cares about the place. Because if not, I think this place is going under.

ScottySkis

Yeah well that was obvious. Anyone could see through that lie. Hopefully the guy sells the place to someone who's actually a skier/snowboarder and cares about the place. Because if not, I think this place is going under.

Come to Plattekill this weekend you see snow the best kind because mother earth provided it.

Snowlover

Too little, too late? 50% off lift tickets. http://powderridgepark.com/tickets/lift-tickets/
They've never charged full price(except for season passes)
It's been 50% off since they opened, but NOW have changed the prices on their lift ticket page.
I think that means they've given up on trying to get the whole mountain open.

What about people who bought season passes? There was supposed to be snow tubing also. That hasn't happened yet either and that's a big deal for people who expected to have snow tubing as part of their pass.

planb420

Ones needed to run many more guns than the one trails worth they have now....thats all you need to know. When they are ready to tell everyone you'll know...if they do.

Snowlover

Ones needed to run many more guns than the one trails worth they have now....thats all you need to know. When they are ready to tell everyone you'll know...if they do.
Apparently they have lighting issues as well. Numerous people have posted on fb about dark spots on the trails where there's no lighting and it's pitch black. Talk about dangerous.

ScottySkis

Snowlover come to Platty today or anyone enjoy here before frozen crap comes to ruin fun snow conditions.

carbonXshell

Website
vimeo.com
Skied yesterday for a little while... Conditions were slightly better in spots and worse in others... They do have 5 to 6 fan guns so they can make some snow but there's problems elsewhere on the mountain with their system... If the weather doesn't cooperate and there's no big storms then they're going to have a hard time attracting business.

IMG_20140106_175549.jpg

IMG_20140106_175400.jpg

IMG_20140106_175315.jpg

IMG_20140106_175247.jpg

IMG_20140106_175156.jpg

Snowlover

That's the best it has looked thanks to the 1/2 a foot of snow. After this thaw, there's probably nothing left now. I'm not sure their even going to be open tomorrow. It looks so crowded, but that's obviously because there's only one trail.

Snowlover

I'm wondering if he'll invest in snow guns over the summer or he's going to run the place into the ground and try to bleed it dry. Those snowguns costs 50k a piece.(from what I've heard)

trackbiker

They do a great job with brownstone . Give them a chance

Agree. The place was closed for a number of years and there was a lot of work to get everything ready to open. The lodge was vandalized, the lifts needed work, and who knows what else. Have some patience and give them the benefit of the doubt. They run a successful operation in the summer but it is a different animal with different and much less technology. There is going to be a learning curve. I don't think they invested what they have to date with the idea of failing. These little feeder hills are where most of us were introduced to the sport and learned how to ski or board. They deserve our support as well as that of the big guys. That is where their future customers are coming from.

Snowlover

TThey deserve our support as well as that of the big guys. That is where their future customers are coming from.
Totally agree, but he should have waited to open and certainly shouldn't have been selling season passes this year

carbonXshell

Website
vimeo.com
Totally agree, but he should have waited to open and certainly shouldn't have been selling season passes this year
I bought 2 passes and was optimistic because of what he did with Brownstone and what he had to say about PR back in September.

946091_695870497113387_2000672424_n.jpg

Snowlover

I bought 2 passes and was optimistic because of what he did with Brownstone and what he had to say about PR back in September.

View attachment 10186
Exactly.

It was just non stop failed promises. Way to build hype....and then have a huge letdown for people. A little water park(there's not even a wave pool....it's basically a pond with some activities like wakeboarding/snorkeling/flotation climbing things) and a ski area are completely different animals. There won't need to be any guessing. It's simple. If the same thing happens next year and he's not on-par with southington as far as snow making goes than the mountain will go under.

Snowlover

Apparently their open today with one trail from the top again. I can't imagine what type of condition that trail is in considering the 60 degree thaw with pouring rain we had yesterday.