• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Prediction: Do you think Mittersill will open this year?

Puck it

It was worth it last week if you had had rock skis but this has ruin the base over. Kinsman was close last week also but now not. Another couple of decent storms and it will be in play. But everything else of the saddle needs more than a couple of storms including Gunsight.

4aprice

I skied Mittersill on Sat. It was the first thing I hit, went straight to the summit and hiked the saddle, then did three runs using the Mittersill Double. I then spent the rest of the morning thinking about many people's reaction on this site when they announced the double and how I'm going to write a post saying that I think the double is a great idea and people on this site tend to overreact and over-analyze whatever changes ski areas make.

From what I understand there are going to be more changes to Mitt as the state is looking to develop a grade A competition arena. I have yet to ski it but plan on getting it one of these days.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

MadMadWorld

I doubt it will open but I hope I'm wrong. I'm not even sure what it usually takes but I'm sure there is no snow right now.

Puck it

This is from thereecy's site. Cannon on Sunday.

cannon-2014-0113a.jpg

fcksummer

Website
fck-summer.tumblr.com
This is under the Cannonball Quad yesterday. There hasn't been any snowmaking on this trail but last weekend it was completely covered and looked to be at least a foot or two deep with plenty of people poaching it. :cry:

20140112_111159.jpg

thetrailboss

Staff member
Damn, that sucks. I saw a picture from Burke and the entire Upper Warren's Way was grass.

To the original question: I hope it does open. I am so happy that Cannon reopened it. Management is being as aggressive as it can be.

Puck it

This is a pic from Mitty this week. Two weeks ago this was skiable when we were up there.

mitty.jpg

Zgonzo

I hope Rain didn't ruin any chances of it being open this year.